996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

After Market Stereo & Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 06:22 PM
feroz928 is on a distinguished road
After Market Stereo & Bluetooth

I have been using the clip on to the visor Bluetooth by Motorola. They usually last about a year before you need to replace them. I finally stopped by a local auto stereo shop and check a price on a new stereo with Bluetooth. The told me that you can not put a double din in my 996. What!!!!! I've seen many 996s with double din stereo systems. I tried a shop that specializes in Pcars and they would fabricate but the cost for parts and labor was around $3000.00. Can I get a nice double din without pawning my youngest grand child

Old 01-07-2015, 08:04 PM
Slopeslider is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by feroz928
I have been using the clip on to the visor Bluetooth by Motorola. They usually last about a year before you need to replace them. I finally stopped by a local auto stereo shop and check a price on a new stereo with Bluetooth. The told me that you can not put a double din in my 996. What!!!!! I've seen many 996s with double din stereo systems. I tried a shop that specializes in Pcars and they would fabricate but the cost for parts and labor was around $3000.00. Can I get a nice double din without pawning my youngest grand child
$3k is steep. Why not install an IPad mini? You will have more capabilities, it looks better and provides more flexibility (I.e you can run Harrys Laptimer or other OBD based software solutions).

For Bluetooth I highly recommend the iSimple Trazit
Amazon.com : iSimple Hands-Free Calling and Music Streaming Kit with Control Button for Smartphones - Frustration-Free Packaging - Black : Wired Cell Phone Headsets : Car Electronics Amazon.com : iSimple Hands-Free Calling and Music Streaming Kit with Control Button for Smartphones - Frustration-Free Packaging - Black : Wired Cell Phone Headsets : Car Electronics
works great. I can carry on clear conversations at highway speeds with the top down. Here you can get an idea of how slick theiPad mini install is
. Several threads on how to do the install on Rennlist.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Enemy is on a distinguished road
Old 01-09-2015, 05:21 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
There are plenty of threads on 6SO about it as well. Just buy the DD dash kit from Suncoast or E-Bay (EutoMotorspeed). It's not a hard install. I did it in my 01 TT. If you get it from EuroMotorspeed, the tech support is awesome - they will walk you through any rough spots. I have the wiring diagram for the 01 which should be close enough for the radio work.