996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Disassembly of headlights?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 12:41 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Disassembly of headlights?

figure i may have a better chance here vs the turbo forum

There's a lot of threads out there, but nothing I can find that describes dissembling the internals of the headlights.

Problem: My passenger side headlight will no longer adjust vertically. The screw just spins without spinning the gear. Somehow the screw seems to have dislodged. When you twist the screw it's suppose to move the mechanism up and down along a guide. Mine doesn't do this.

Looking to learn how to pull these things apart. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get this track system out, or get further in to access it.

In the meantime, i put some rubber grommets (didn't have washers small enough) to manually pull the auto leveler back so that it will lower the headlight a bit.

Anyone know how to remove the circled area in the pic below? BTW, the arrow is the rail that this is suppose to move on.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:48 PM
wildbilly32 is on a distinguished road
Try posting question on Renntech and of Rennlist in the 996 section.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.