996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Disable 996 Alarm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 10:16 AM
Rental Metard has a spectacular aura aboutRental Metard has a spectacular aura aboutRental Metard has a spectacular aura about
Disable 996 Alarm

Is there any easy way to disable the 996 alarm? My keyless entry system on my Carrera 4 doesn't work and instead of paying hundreds or thousands to repair it just to have a keyless range of 5 feet, I'd rather just disable the alarm from going off every time I use the key in the door. Anyone have experience with this? I'm hoping that I can just pull a fuse or something.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:41 PM
themperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the rough
Does your alarm just beep once when you use your key? I have the same problem with the remote keys not working but it would beep when I locked with the key and sometimes go off randomly.

I fixed it as there was an after market stereo put in my the previous owner and they didn't remove the clip that attached to the stock radio that would trip the alarm.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...oem-alarm.html

Old 05-25-2017, 02:49 PM
Rental Metard has a spectacular aura aboutRental Metard has a spectacular aura aboutRental Metard has a spectacular aura about
Nah, the alarm actually goes off... seems like using the key in the door will arm the alarm but won't disarm the alarm. I have to actually start the car to get the alarm to stop after unlocking with the key. It's embarrassing enough that I just don't leave anything in the car and haven't been locking it. Could limit where I'm willing to drive and leave the car though. It still has the stock radio.

Old 05-30-2017, 01:44 PM
996_911C2_Dhru is on a distinguished road
I had a problem where mine would seemingly go off for no reason. Rather than try trouble-shooting it, I just disconnected the siren. It is really easy to do.
I don't have the instructions but it is located to the right of the battery (if you are standing at the front of the car. Just remove the battery cover and look/hear for it. I just unplugged the cable and now if I use my key and the alarm goes off, only the lights flash, no sound.

Old 05-30-2017, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by 996_911C2_Dhru
I had a problem where mine would seemingly go off for no reason. Rather than try trouble-shooting it, I just disconnected the siren. It is really easy to do.
I don't have the instructions but it is located to the right of the battery (if you are standing at the front of the car. Just remove the battery cover and look/hear for it. I just unplugged the cable and now if I use my key and the alarm goes off, only the lights flash, no sound.
Thanks for the suggestion... this may be the route I end up taking at least temporarily.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:02 PM
996_911C2_Dhru is on a distinguished road
Simple and buys you some embarrassment free time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.