996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

steel wide body, lots of pics

Old 07-02-2019, 10:28 AM
ttt123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Gotta watch this video!! I love my exhaust even more now lol but this turbo sounds pretty sick as well. My good friend Martin has had his car at my house for the last few days as we customized an exhaust system for his car. finished it up last night and decided to show everyone how little regard we had for our motors by disturbingly over revving them to get a jolly :roflmao:

Also went for a ride in his car, little over stock if I'm not mistaken and wow... I have to buy me a turbo 996 asap. What a thrill, the power... just amazing. Such a wonderful vehicle, and his is quite nice.

Old 07-29-2019, 12:34 PM
Flat6Chris is an unknown quantity at this point
Love the look and sound. Amazing work with the saw on your quarters. 997 Front end conversion maybe?

Old 07-30-2019, 06:27 AM
Originally Posted by Flat6Chris
Love the look and sound. Amazing work with the saw on your quarters. 997 Front end conversion maybe?

Thank you, conversion... maybe. This winter its going under the knife again for a small project... motor swap lol

This thread really doesn't have as much info as the build thread on another site, lots more pics and info if anyone is interested I can send you the link.
Below is a teaser for whats coming this winter, I'm hoping to see 400whp Along with a possible interior swap to a non Porsche interior lol

Old 07-30-2019, 07:26 AM
Flat6Chris is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow. Love the green refinish. Currently in the process of rebuilding a v8 for a project of mine, and was considering painting the block. I'm guessing it's a high temp enamel?

Old 07-30-2019, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by Flat6Chris
Wow. Love the green refinish. Currently in the process of rebuilding a v8 for a project of mine, and was considering painting the block. I'm guessing it's a high temp enamel?
yes, I had the local paint supply shop mix up matching body paint and heat paint for the rotors and the motor.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:19 AM
rebuilt the supercharger last couple of days and working on getting all the small stuff on. I'm thinking about 3 weeks from now I should be ready to start pulling the Porsche motor. The motor is for sale for cheap if anyone wants it and it has some goodies on it already

Old 08-05-2019, 07:38 AM
ZuffenZeus is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ttt123
rebuilt the supercharger last couple of days and working on getting all the small stuff on. I'm thinking about 3 weeks from now I should be ready to start pulling the Porsche motor. The motor is for sale for cheap if anyone wants it and it has some goodies on it already
Let me get this straight. This supercharged V8 shown in the pictures in going in your Carrera? If so, this is going to be interesting! :-)

Old 08-05-2019, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by b3freak
Let me get this straight. This supercharged V8 shown in the pictures in going in your Carrera? If so, this is going to be interesting! :-)
Its a v6 supercharched motor. same weight as the Porsche motor but a lot more hp/tq. my center mass will be raised a bit but it will still handle better then other cars non Porsche lol I'm probably going to tackle the interior as well and swap it out for one I make myself.

This car will be fast

Old 08-06-2019, 09:38 PM
wyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the rough
How are you going to keep the front wheels on the ground?

Old 09-10-2019, 05:28 AM
Pictures Pictures Pictures !!!

Lots of pictures!!!

Originally Posted by wyovino
How are you going to keep the front wheels on the ground?
I'm making wings for it lol

So here is what I've been up to this past weekend It went very smoothly and so far.... fits like a glove

MY 3.4 is up for sale!!!
127k, Aasco light weight flywheel and sport clutch with less then 1000 miles on them both, torque solutions light weight crank pulley, ported throttle body. It runs fine, had no issues with it. I drove it a few weeks ago in the woodward dream cruise. This is the 1999 so it has the factory stronger IMS bearing that has not been changed yet. It had less then 1% failure rate so you can choose to leave it or put in a new one before you install it. I can crate it up for you and ship. Asking around $5k for everything plus shipping and crate if you need it which shouldn't be that much. Help fund my build and buy my motor!!! I still need to buy my Nitrous kit and swap in my Lamborghini diablo interior

Thanks for looking guys.

Old 09-15-2019, 09:07 AM
hotwheels will become famous soon enough
Is that the Dura Flex front bumper??? How do you like it? Was it good quality?

Old 09-15-2019, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by hotwheels
Is that the Dura Flex front bumper??? How do you like it? Was it good quality?

Yes. I love it. Quality is very cheap, i would not recommend it to someone who does not know how to make it better. I reinforced it, added to it and did a lot of sanding to make it worth liking lol .

Old 09-15-2019, 06:48 PM
hotwheels will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ttt123
Yes. I love it. Quality is very cheap, i would not recommend it to someone who does not know how to make it better. I reinforced it, added to it and did a lot of sanding to make it worth liking lol .

WOW! Really?? I like the design.

Old 09-15-2019, 07:02 PM
It definitely gives it character. Im in the process of reworking it some more for this next phase to add a lip/ground effect look to it. Stay tuned

Old 10-03-2019, 05:50 AM
Lots of picks, exciting.. not sure. So the motor is now self supported with out the jack. I still need to make my two dogbones up top to keep the motor from twisting but the up/down mounts are quite solid. I used 1/8th square tube steel, my mounts are new Porsche engine mounts, f-250 control arms bushings and poly trans mount that this motor will float on. Hope that made sense. I welded in tubing for the holes drilled through the square tube to help keep it from weakening.

Also finished making my rear spoiler mod buck and now glassing it for my mold. I started on something for the front bumper as well to kind of carry on the look of the side skirts I made, any thoughts?

The picture of the rear bumper...these duraflex parts... they sag and warp. So since this is not my first time working with this product I new after a year in the sun the part would settle so I took it off to straighten a few surfaces out and reinforce them with glass and re-paint. I will be doing the same thing with the front bumper.

Thanks for viewing.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: steel wide body, lots of pics