996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

997 gt3 brake master psm fix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 07:18 PM
flewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond repute
997 gt3 brake master psm fix

Well I made a comment on another post saying I came up with a fix for the psm failure issue when running the 997 gt3 brake master cylinder. Well I have got a few messages so I will share here.

The theory was that when going to the gt3 master, the larger piston would produce to much flow and trigger a pressure switch inside the psm pump and cause it to trigger a psm and abs failure. This failure would happen for some constant and others intermittent. It would happen less if running the larger 997tt/gr3 rear caliper with larger pistons but would still happen.

So my ideas was to just slightly reduce the pressure and it would fix the problem. We created a test unit and put it on Dan kinzie's car. Dan has run it for over a month as well as 2 full track days and I can confirm it fixed the psm issue.

We setup a jegs brake proportioning valve inline and maxed the pressure on the valve, then backed of just a tiny bit. Only takes about a 5% or less reduction to not trigger the psm failure.

This is something that you can do yourself if you have brake line flaring and bender tools I will be making up a few kits for guys that want to go to a gt3 master but not have the resources to make the lines.

It's simple but works. Any more question, feel free to ask.