Notices
996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

2001 996 c4 wiring diagrams please!!!

Old 05-09-2019, 01:51 PM
Johnny996 is an unknown quantity at this point
Pictures would of been a great idea !!!! Mentally noted !!
as for being cheap ,,, I try to pick and choose , I totally read the forums before making heavy purchases!
some things are just worth getting the Porsche parts and some things , porsche had just badly designed Or way over priced !!
one example was this stupid plastic piece that holds 2 coolant lines together on the engine by the alternator,, man I just touched it and it spewed out hot (luckily not burning skin hot) but it hurt , replaced that with some aftermarket part , mind you I think this part ended up being more expensive lol ok might not be the best example 😂

Old 05-19-2019, 08:51 AM
b3freak is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Johnny996 View Post
Pictures would of been a great idea !!!! Mentally noted !!
as for being cheap ,,, I try to pick and choose , I totally read the forums before making heavy purchases!
some things are just worth getting the Porsche parts and some things , porsche had just badly designed Or way over priced !!
one example was this stupid plastic piece that holds 2 coolant lines together on the engine by the alternator,, man I just touched it and it spewed out hot (luckily not burning skin hot) but it hurt , replaced that with some aftermarket part , mind you I think this part ended up being more expensive lol ok might not be the best example 😂

I know the exact part you're talking about. The plastic breaks into crumbs over time. Most all 996 owners will have to replace that one over and over again. Some have even gone to Home Depot and purchase brass line couplers instead of purchasing the plastic part from Porsche. Good luck with all the work. Enjoy it.

Old 05-19-2019, 09:44 AM
Johnny996 is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh yeah just crumbled trying to remove the two halves from the hoses !!! 5150 Motorsports I believe have this wonderful thicker plastic clip with a metal tube and a longer bolt for the thicker plastic to bolt onto the block,highly recommended!!!!
As for my brake wear bypass , still no luck finding the 2nd brown black wire behind the cluster , but Iíve received my new clips to screw the cluster to the dash (old ones were stripped) so I will take a 3rd look at it probably this week , fingers crossed !!