996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

help!! evo owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 10:20 PM
jungzilla is on a distinguished road
help!! evo owners

here's the story.

I got my supercharger installed by Mike (from evo) in December 05. Shortly afterwards in March I got a few warnings when I turned the ignition off on my car it said psm failure to launch. after a few weeks i got a cel. There wasn't anything wrong with car ie no weird sounds or loss in power so I left it for a week. The cel majically went away. yey I thought it must have been the gas cap. but after a few more psm failure's to launch the cel came back. anyways to make a long story short the cel came on and off but the car didn't feel any different and no weird noises so I left it. I went in for an oil change last week and left the car there for servicing while I was on vacation. I asked them to check out the past cels. The service guy tells me that the cell was due to a:

Hard fault

P0507

Idle control at stop exceeds limit value

they said it will take approx 3 hours to find out exactly what is wrong if any. They also said it may also be due to the throttle body.

I am still not conviced that there is anything wrong with the car. has anybody come across this problem and could anybody tell me what that code means? I told them not to touch the car until I've asked you guys on the forum.

I'm going to talk to evo tomorrow. wish me luck. I hope they cover the service and maitenance under warranty.

thank you in advance.

JUNG

Old 09-14-2006, 10:26 PM
karlooz is on a distinguished road
let us know what the diagnosis evo is. it might be a faulty MAF. the porsche MAF is delicate and can easily get fouled.

sorry i can't give you any more advice, i have a '99 with no PSM and have cable throttle.

i've never gotten a cel or any other electric problems at all.

there's a 2 year warranty right? you should be covered then.

good luck.

Old 09-15-2006, 06:55 AM
jungzilla is on a distinguished road
hopefully they'll cover it. we replaced the maf on install. oh well. still waiting for the evo call.