996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Ended up taking the car to the dealer but not for brakes...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 10:16 AM
AlG_not_Algae is on a distinguished road
Ended up taking the car to the dealer but not for brakes...

Some interesting findings indeed...

On Friday afternoon, noticed the car driving real sluggish. So I made it home and opened the engine compartment. I saw both the coolant and engine oil were extremely low; this after having added oil only 2 wks ago. So I figured I would take it in to have it better examined.
Though it was discovered to be a very minor leak, I was told the water pump is leaking. The dealer mentioned they would replace it but I'm now wondering if I should take them up on their offer since it is a minor leak (I do realize it will get worse over time). Anyone else run into a similar problem? Should I be concerned at the thought of having a big job like this done so early?
Besides that, I have a faulty brake sensor too which I'm not too worried about. Needless to say, I am a little disappointed that I'm running into this sort of problem after only 5k.

Thanks for your input guys,
Al

Old 02-15-2004, 11:22 AM
earlyapex is on a distinguished road
I'd get everything fixed now. Problems tend to get worse with time. You don't want to be blamed for a problem later on because you didn't fix something early on.