996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

White Interior - Better than Expected

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 04:28 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !

I've done the similar upgrade 6 months ago, I also think about all white before, but I pinat the dash pc. in silver and rear console and seats back in white!

All white looks very good!

Old 02-16-2004, 04:46 PM
Moderatorette
Porsche Babe is on a distinguished road
Ray,
Your car looks great...What else did you do to your car? Thank you for sharing your pictures Great now I have to get the seat shells and paint them white- I was going to wait, now that I see your car I can't... This will be a B-day present from me to me..
Alright after this car I may need some serious rehab.....

First I'll get the car done than get to PDE - Maybe 2005 ???

Old 02-16-2004, 05:17 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Thanks!

I've H&R sping with my cab, I'm looking for wheels and areo kits. Your's is 100% what I wish for! very nice cab.

If you're going to paint the seats back, find some porfresional to do it right, it can be really mess, trust me! You will be love it when you go top down with colour match seats!

Old 02-16-2004, 05:51 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
Michelle,

I like what you've done. I also like the idea of sport seats with the backs painted white. My suggestion would be to add an aluminum shifter. The stock one just looks so "wimpy." I bet you could even get your paint shop to custom paint the aluminum part white which would look real sweet.

Check out this link:

http://www2.uk.porsche.com/english/g...sportlich5.htm

Eric

Old 02-16-2004, 11:28 PM
h20tt is on a distinguished road
Looks like an Oreo, I like it

Old 02-17-2004, 04:54 AM
Greyghost is on a distinguished road
Looks killer... I think with better lighting the true contrast would show and we could really see how nice it looks. Definitely change out the shift **** for the carbon/aluminum sport shifter. It looks better and feel more substantial.

That center strip was a ***** right? I have the pieces but am just too chicken$hit to tear the whole dash out. BTW, how goes the other things?

Keep the updates coming!

Britt

Old 02-17-2004, 08:31 AM
01 C4 Cab NYC is on a distinguished road
Michele,
Looks great! If you have a paint shop at your disposal, you should consider painting all the silver bits white. Door handles, glove box handle, shift ****, ebrake button, those little bumps on the door pockets. White sport seats next!? That will look amazing. Since you'll be getting them custom painted you should see if they can totally remove the coat hook hole...

Old 02-17-2004, 08:48 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by greyghost
That center strip was a ***** right? I have the pieces but am just too chicken$hit to tear the whole dash out. BTW, how goes the other things?
I want to do mine too. Stephen at IA said that if you have a glove box you do not have to rip the dash out. Not that it is easy, but it is doable I beleive. PM him....

Let me know if you want to do mine too...

Old 02-17-2004, 10:18 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Looking good darlin

Old 02-17-2004, 08:09 PM
Moderatorette
WOW- Thank you all for your comments and suggestiions
Here we go....

jnx
Porsche Babe, Why don't you bring it to StLouis, so I can see it?
Don't wanna put that many miles on him yet...

Ray,
Your's is 100% what I wish for! very nice cab.
What a great compliment.. Thank you

ESK,
My suggestion would be to add an aluminum shifter. The stock one just looks so "wimpy." I bet you could even get your paint shop to custom paint the aluminum part white which would look real sweet.
I like the alu. accents it compliments the white.. I will add the alu ebrake as it already has the shifter

h20tt,
Looks like an Oreo, I like it
Not what I was going for, but hey works for me...

Britt-
Definitely change out the shift **** for the carbon/aluminum sport shifter. It looks better and feel more substantial.
Alu & white NO CF... don't want the car too busy

have the pieces but am just too chicken$hit to tear the whole dash out. BTW, how goes the other things?
Yes, I had to take apart the entire dash to get to the strips...
As far as the other project, still waiting, I'll let you know.

Looks great! If you have a paint shop at your disposal, you should consider painting all the silver bits white. Door handles, glove box handle, shift ****, ebrake button, those little bumps on the door pockets. White sport seats next!? That will look amazing. Since you'll be getting them custom painted you should see if they can totally remove the coat hook hole...
01 C4 Cab NYC,
Thanks, I want to get the seat shells for the stoick seats, I love my tushy warmer - I will paint them white and if they have the coat hooks I will have them filled in ....

Darren,
Looking good darlin
With those compliments, you can call me darling anytime, sweetie

We now have the Cargraphic Server set-up to Host our project pages.... I will post the new link.. Any questions or comments always welcomed

Photos - My '02 996 Cab

Old 02-18-2004, 11:19 AM
Moderatorette
Thank you Hani

Old 02-18-2004, 12:44 PM
Moderatorette
Yes, we need to get together. My car is on the road, not done but I can drive it. Let me know when we can get together to discuss everything.

Old 02-18-2004, 12:51 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is on a distinguished road
the interior looooks sweet on your car
white car!! i love white car!!

Old 02-18-2004, 03:03 PM
01 C4 Cab NYC is on a distinguished road
Michele,
What ever happened with the wing? Didn't see any pics of the rear on your site.

Old 02-18-2004, 03:07 PM
Moderatorette
Wing

Its in the works, when it is completed I will post pic... The project is top secret... Something that has never been done before - I will have a lot of people to thank for this one... They are making my vision come true!
I can't wait - I'm jumping out of my skin... Stay tuned

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: White Interior - Better than Expected