996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.
View Poll Results: 2001 996 Twin Turbo or 2003 996 C4S
2001 996 Turbo
90.00%
2003 996 C4S
10.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

2001 Twin Turbo or 2003 C4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 02:32 PM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
Turbo would be the way to go!

Old 12-14-2006, 03:26 PM
rosesplus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by WyattH
I actually cant even think of a reason supporting the C4s.

With that said, 01 TT hands down.

Rosesplus: How many miles and what condition was your TT in? That deal sounds KILLER!!!!
Here's a link to the purchase,

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=64669

Cheers,

Mark

Old 12-14-2006, 03:32 PM
ppickerell is infamous around these parts
I am completely biased as I am currently selling a 04 C4S. C4S is the same car with reasonable HP!

Old 12-14-2006, 03:40 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rosesplus
Here's a link to the purchase,

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=64669

Cheers,

Mark
Have you driven a lower (say 15k) mileage Turbo before? Can you compare the "pull" on the two (if you have)?

Within the next three years I'll be looking for a TT but have NO experience with the higher mile cars. Of course, if the Turbos go that's the ultimate excuse to give the car a EVOMS/ Promotive treatment... but right now I think 420hp is more than anybody can ever use on the streets...

...................Legally.

Old 12-14-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by JoeyG
Have you driven a lower (say 15k) mileage Turbo before? Can you compare the "pull" on the two (if you have)?

Within the next three years I'll be looking for a TT but have NO experience with the higher mile cars. Of course, if the Turbos go that's the ultimate excuse to give the car a EVOMS/ Promotive treatment... but right now I think 420hp is more than anybody can ever use on the streets...

...................Legally.
You may want to reread the post, the car has an 04 factory engine with 15K miles............

Old 12-14-2006, 03:51 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
You may want to reread the post, the car has an 04 factory engine with 15K miles............
Sorry about that... nice buy!

Old 12-14-2006, 03:52 PM
[quote=JoeyG]Have you driven a lower (say 15k) mileage Turbo before? Can you compare the "pull" on the two (if you have)?

That was why I bought the C4S. All of the styling and handling of the TT, enough grunt to qualify it as a supercar IMHO. I testdrove new TT's b4 buying, and they were AWESOME. But I figured I would get into more trouble with a TT.

Old 12-14-2006, 03:59 PM
[quote=ppickerell]
Originally Posted by JoeyG

That was why I bought the C4S. All of the styling and handling of the TT, enough grunt to qualify it as a supercar IMHO. I testdrove new TT's b4 buying, and they were AWESOME. But I figured I would get into more trouble with a TT.
Thats totally understandable. One needs exceptional road-weariness to drive a Turbo everyday. I think I'm up to that

Old 12-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
I'd like the all wheel drive with a side of boost, thank you very much.

Old 12-14-2006, 04:24 PM
[quote=JoeyG]
Originally Posted by ppickerell

Thats totally understandable. One needs exceptional road-weariness to drive a Turbo everyday. I think I'm up to that
It's a dirty job but someone has to do it!

Old 12-14-2006, 06:19 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Okay, honestly, I think the C4S looks better. Same widebody and bumpers, but cleaner fenders and front lip. I love the side vents and spoiler of the TT for an aggressive look, but the C4s looks "cleaner" if that makes sense.
Regardless, for the same price, I wouldn't be able to justify the C4S. It's an awesome car, but the 996TT is easy to drive around daily, despite the god-awful amounts of power.

Rosesplus - Great purchase on your 02! Sounds like you picked up a great car for a great price.

Old 12-14-2006, 06:56 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
My 0.02.

I remember this one segment on Top Gear where Jeremy said it perfectly:
- 911 C2/4: Amanda, is the Carrera 2/4, enough of a handful for most men
- 911 Turbo: Sharon, is all women (as he points to a more naturally endowed woman), is the 911 Turbo
- 911 C4s: Vicky, on the surface looks the same, but this <as he points at her breasts> is a bodykit, like the C4s

The video is below on 911 Turbo vs. C4s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIB3bbdU9oU

Old 12-14-2006, 07:02 PM
musclecar6 is infamous around these parts
Imho here's my take. The c4s is a great car cause it's a 911 & it looks like a 996tt without the air intakes. However it's no turbo, as it only has 320 hp & the weight of a turbo. Buy the turbo, do an Evo stage I & a Porsche short throw shifter for about $4000, & you will have 480 hp/500 lbs torque that will dust a c4s like it's standing still. I have a 2003 996tt with the Evo 1 & short throw shifter & it should have come from the factory like that. Awesome car. Forget the c4s!!

Old 12-15-2006, 12:00 AM
To quote my local P dealer

"driving a C4S is like driving a TT with the parking brake on"

Old 12-15-2006, 12:12 AM
IhuangerI has a spectacular aura aboutIhuangerI has a spectacular aura about
If you've driven a TT I can't believe you'd consider a C4S!! There's some great deals on TT's out there. My 1 owner 02 TT Aero was $57K.
wow, 02 tt for that cheap? where was the car located b/c that is super sweet. do you mind me asking how many miles were on it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2001 Twin Turbo or 2003 C4S