996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Show me some Shifter/knob options!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 03:00 AM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
can any of you guys please supply the height and width of the alum techart shifter?
thanks
Shalil

Last edited by Sharp; 12-21-2006 at 03:11 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sharp
ahh simple enough... so the momo one also works with a set screw?
Yes, but you'll need to either mill or grind down the shaft to make it fit. The shaft is larger than the diameter of the ****. Not a big deal, just an extra step.

-Eli

Old 12-21-2006, 02:37 PM
John Romano is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by YoopsRacing
me too that is the one I want - with the boot. SWEET! here is a pic
Just ordered it. As soon as it comes in I'm having an alcantara boot made for it, and the base ring done in CF to match the rest of the new goodies going in....

Old 12-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by John Romano
Just ordered it. As soon as it comes in I'm having an alcantara boot made for it, and the base ring done in CF to match the rest of the new goodies going in....

John, order it in Savannah and when it comes sell me the boot and the horse shoe! doesn't seem like you are going to use them anyways!!

Old 12-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by Sharp
John, order it in Savannah and when it comes sell me the boot and the horse shoe! doesn't seem like you are going to use them anyways!!
I need the horse shoe. I'm trying to get it without the boot and have them credit me. I'll let you know if I have to buy a boot.

Old 12-21-2006, 03:57 PM
i've looked into modifying a boot or adding the horse shoe to a stock boot, and the word is that it can not be done without damaging one or both of the parts.... but it does seem like Gert is getting these custom made some place so just ask him if he can make you and alcantera one...worth a try...

Old 12-22-2006, 04:09 PM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by John Romano
John curious - did you get this from the miami location? Did they give you decent price complete?

Old 12-23-2006, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by YoopsRacing
John curious - did you get this from the miami location? Did they give you decent price complete?
I ordered the shifter from Carnewal's web site. They said 4 – 6 weeks because they had to get the boot from Porsche. I e-mailed them back yesterday telling them the boot was not an issue; I only need the base trim as I’m having a custom boot made from alcantara. So far I have not heard from them again. I wasn’t aware they had a Miami location.

Carnewal charged me 195 Euros for the shifter, 25 Euros for shipping. $288 USD total.

Alan Gun is doing my alcantara work. He does custom steering wheels that are really cool. He is charging me $45.00 for the custom boot. MA Carbon is laminating the base trim in CF – still waiting on his price, but from what John over there said, I’m figuring $125.00.

So, $458.00 for the whole deal….. Oh, yeah, underneath the whole thing is one of Eric’s $199.00 B&M shifters

Old 12-24-2006, 07:48 PM
NIKAS is infamous around these parts
Has anyone come across a light weight birch and ash **** a la Porsche GT for sale; and if so, would it fit stock or B&M short shifter in 996?