996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Painted my wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 01:12 AM
MUSTGOFAST is a jewel in the roughMUSTGOFAST is a jewel in the roughMUSTGOFAST is a jewel in the roughMUSTGOFAST is a jewel in the rough

Old 01-05-2007, 01:14 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Here's an actual photo of the ones I did for a customer.

They look pretty neat....

-Eli

Old 01-05-2007, 01:16 AM
MUSTGOFAST is a jewel in the roughMUSTGOFAST is a jewel in the roughMUSTGOFAST is a jewel in the roughMUSTGOFAST is a jewel in the rough

Last edited by MUSTGOFAST; 01-05-2007 at 01:21 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:37 PM
John Romano is on a distinguished road
Thanks everyone for all your input and awesome photo shopping! I LOVE the yellow stripe idea. I had been thinking of it myself but I can't figure out how to get it on without it weaving all over the lip. How do I get a nice perfect circle in vinyl as D Dog suggest?

Red is cool too, but my accents are yellow - Yellow tach face and yellow stitching on the shift boot, instrument binnacle and e-brake base. I’m going to VFD this week and ordering new mats (black ) which will also have some kind of yellow accent. I like the yellow this time (I think it goes better with the CF pieces). I had red accents on my 993.

I bought those yellow wheel stickers that say “PORSCE.†It would be cool to start the stripe at the “E†and go around and stop at the “P.†A nice thin stripe like Mustgofast did on my pic. Where can I get the stripe and how do I put it on in a nice smooth circle?

Eli – thanks for the pic posting instructions. It was getting frustrating.

I can’t wait to finish this car and take some really cool shots. I have some great south Florida locations picked out.

Thanks again, guys!! I really appreciate your input.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:40 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jurichar
btw...thats one of the most beautiful pics i've ever seen...must be the car!
It must be the car it was taken from.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:41 PM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
You gonna do suspension? skirts? Front bumper? What are youi planning? So for its looking good!

Old 01-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by newport996
You gonna do suspension? skirts? Front bumper? What are youi planning? So for its looking good!
THANKS!! I did the H&R lowering springs. I’m fine with that for now. Maybe there are some PSS9sin my future, but the bodywork has to come first. I want what you have!! Turbo front and rear, but I like those other side skirts that have the curve that follows the curve of the door bottom. I think I might do a GT2 wing too, but I don’t know yet. I’m not really big on wings probably why I love your car! I like those Sportech brake ducts behind the Turbo grills like Sandoval has. I’d do those before a wing. Then, there are painted sport seat backs, more CF pieces…. Are these things ever done?

Old 01-05-2007, 01:13 PM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by John Romano
THANKS!! I did the H&R lowering springs. I’m fine with that for now. Maybe there are some PSS9sin my future, but the bodywork has to come first. I want what you have!! Turbo front and rear, but I like those other side skirts that have the curve that follows the curve of the door bottom. I think I might do a GT2 wing too, but I don’t know yet. I’m not really big on wings probably why I love your car! I like those Sportech brake ducts behind the Turbo grills like Sandoval has. I’d do those before a wing. Then, there are painted sport seat backs, more CF pieces…. Are these things ever done?

Gonna look HAWT when you are done! If I had a coupe I'd do a wing....there are no wings I LOVE on a cab, so I didnt do one...keep us updated, and check the for sale section often...I bought LOTS of my stuff from board members (bumpers, wheels, etc...) you can save a ton of cash....

Old 01-05-2007, 01:42 PM
amestyan is on a distinguished road
love the black wheels

Old 01-05-2007, 01:45 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by newport996
Gonna look HAWT when you are done! If I had a coupe I'd do a wing....there are no wings I LOVE on a cab, so I didnt do one...keep us updated, and check the for sale section often...I bought LOTS of my stuff from board members (bumpers, wheels, etc...) you can save a ton of cash....
you obviously haven't seen the techart type IIC wing for the cab then

bad ***! $5K installed though. can't justify it, but i love it. i've been waiting for a used one for 3 years now....

Old 01-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by deputydog95
you obviously haven't seen the techart type IIC wing for the cab then

bad ***! $5K installed though. can't justify it, but i love it. i've been waiting for a used one for 3 years now....
gotta pic? The Ruf wing was almost done....

Old 01-05-2007, 04:30 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
techart has the worst marketing dept ever. guess they don't really need one though

very hard to find pics. i've only seen one in person. here's some shots of it on a coupe. it's vented on the top like an old school whale tail and that's what really seperates it from the rest. can't find pics of that though. i love this wing. if i could find a used one i would buy it in a minute.

Old 01-05-2007, 05:45 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
looks like an awesome track set-up

Old 01-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Old school.. I love it!

Old 01-05-2007, 11:01 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deputydog95
techart has the worst marketing dept ever. guess they don't really need one though

very hard to find pics. i've only seen one in person. here's some shots of it on a coupe. it's vented on the top like an old school whale tail and that's what really seperates it from the rest. can't find pics of that though. i love this wing. if i could find a used one i would buy it in a minute.

Dep,
I like the wing you currently have much better.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Painted my wheels