996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

C4S vs e46 M3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 11:16 AM
RocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant future
I also faced this decision. Drove both cars back to back. No comparison for the "wow" factor of the Porsche. As you can see, I bought a C4S. Good luck.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:16 PM
WARDHOG is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tippy
I love my 996 but to say it has a nicer interior than a M3, I can not defend, BMW makes the best and nicest interiors for the price of their cars hands down
Yeah your right, BMW does have the best looking plastic interior for the price.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:59 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I love my 996 but to say it has a nicer interior than a M3, I can not defend, BMW makes the best and nicest interiors for the price of their cars hands down
SO TRUE, although a 996 interior done right is just as nice, i just feel so at home in an M3 as is, dont know what it is about the car. My choice would still be M3, i love the rwd fun factor in it

Old 04-06-2007, 01:35 PM
flash80 is infamous around these parts
Both interiors are pretty plain in my opinion. I had a double din in my M3 and am planning on putting one in the C4S...this should spice things up a bit. Oh yeah, the seats on the porsche are WAY better. I didn't have the optional lumbar or width adjustment on the M3 and I felt like I was sliding around sometimes. The C4S seats hug me just right...I'm not sure how a fat person would fit in it though.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:22 PM
HIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud of
i concur mr. tippy coming from a bmw...i would say stock for stock...m3 interior > c4s interior...but i would take my c4s "optioned from the factory" interior over any m3 "optioned from the factory" interior any day rain or shine!!

Name:  DSC00467.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  79.2 KB

Old 04-06-2007, 06:54 PM
JayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the rough
+1

Old 04-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
For driving pleasure the 996 feels like a true sports car. For long trips and trips up to the city I think the M3 is the way to go. The interior is much, much nicer than the 996, and there is just so much cargo room. The M3 is also much more practical, much roomier interior, and more luxurious.

I had the e46 M3 convertible and I was able to fit 4 people in my car relatively comfortably, while with the 996 no one in their right mind will sit in the back seat.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by riverflyer
I am looking for a solid, fun and somewhat practical car to use for trips and city jaunts but also to enjoy on the way through our coastal two lane roads. I have driven both but not much c4s seat time.
Anyone familiar with both and could offer their opinions on how the c4 would suite my needs. I like the m3 spaciousness and would get a dinan s2 car or similarly modded car. Anyone know of any nicely modded c4s's in the N. calif area? Or nice stock ones?
thanks for any helpful feedback.
Given it's a long shot, how much ARE you selling your 00 360?

Old 04-06-2007, 10:49 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Hey all, thanks for some well thought out responses. Very valuable and way helpful. In the end, I think the space and practical nature of the M3 wins out for me. I found one that is a Dinan S2 car, with JRZ coilovers and with 3.91 gearing which will drop the torque band into the sweet spot for the local roads.
It also has brembo bbk and a ton of other really tasty mods. I know the c4s would be a sharper tool for the twisties but I am hoping the JRZ Dinan setup will bring the M3 close and bottom line, if I want to carve it up I am blessed to have even sharper tools in the garage.
So practicality(with a twist) won out!

Attached Images  
Old 04-06-2007, 10:56 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
i just got rid of my C4 cab, not a C4S, but i will say that if my m3 were stock instead of the mods i have, it would not be as much fun. i still think my C4 cab with just an exhaust was a little bit more fun. the c4 was a 10/10, the m3 would rank 9/10 for fun factor. again, the mods make it more fun, stock for stock, i would take a even a cayman s over the m3.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:00 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
I love the 996c4s...just such a great, overall car...

i would def go for the 996...

Old 04-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Ray S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura about
Actually, Audi does the best job.....but I digress.

C4S is the choice I'd make (vs E46 M3).

Old 04-06-2007, 11:06 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
That picture was the first I have EVER been able to just upload to this site! Not sure what happened, but what a revalation!!
Couple more.
Name:  passside.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  133.4 KB
Name:  bridgeshot2e.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  121.0 KB
Name:  interior.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  131.7 KB

Old 04-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by DimNSlow
Given it's a long shot, how much ARE you selling your 00 360?
I have not really made much effort to sell it so took it to the Bay area for consignment. Not real happy with their work so far and am thinking about bringing it home and really putting an effort into it. Heres a link to an ad that has all the info on the car and if you or anyone is interested and able, shoot me an email or pm. Its special in that its light weight and has less restrictive breathing than US cars.
http://www.ferrarichat.com/ferrariad...&cat=11&page=4

Mods, if its not cool linking another site , excuse me and please just remove the link and anyone interested can pm me for details.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:25 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by riverflyer
I have not really made much effort to sell it so took it to the Bay area for consignment. Not real happy with their work so far and am thinking about bringing it home and really putting an effort into it. Heres a link to an ad that has all the info on the car and if you or anyone is interested and able, shoot me an email or pm. Its special in that its light weight and has less restrictive breathing than US cars.
http://www.ferrarichat.com/ferrariad...&cat=11&page=4

Mods, if its not cool linking another site , excuse me and please just remove the link and anyone interested can pm me for details.
Beautiful car. The M3 looks great as well. Congrats.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C4S vs e46 M3