996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Question about Replacing rims on a leased car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 09:39 PM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
Question about Replacing rims on a leased car

Hey All

I hope you are enjoying your evenings, but I have to interrupt it for a few minutes. I replaced my stock rims with factory porsche rims. The car is leased. Will there be any problems when I return the car if I have these non-leased rims?

Thanks

Old 07-10-2003, 11:56 PM
Aron is on a distinguished road
Depends...

It depends how picky your dealer wants to be. If you are trading on a new Porsche, probably not at all.

If your new rims are considered gawdy by some, you might have a problem. Otherwise, the dealer might smile and take your free upgrade to resell the car easier.

If you haven't sold the originals yet, consider which is worth more. You might be best to swap them back at lease turn-in and sell the after market ones to make some bucks back.

(Same goes with any mod or "upgrade", really.)

$0.02
-Aron

Old 07-11-2003, 12:08 AM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
The wheels are factory porsche wheels

I understand if the rims are aftermarket rims, but the ones I bought were from the Porsche Factory. THey are the Sport Design 2s.

Will the dealer bother with factory sport design rims?

Old 07-11-2003, 12:17 AM
Aron is on a distinguished road
Nah...

Lawer print in the contract says they can, but very doubtful.

In fact, if you said nothing I bet the dealer wouldn't notice - especially since they probably look like a factory option. I know someone that turned in an SUV was a huge gouge in the roof. Dealer walked around to check for body damage, torn seats, and mileage, and signed off.

Old 07-11-2003, 06:38 AM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
The dealership should not care since they are factory rims, doubt they would even notice. But if the new factory rims are worth more than the stock rims, I would take them off and resale them myself. If the stock wheels are the 17" standard rims, I would put them back on. If stock is the 18" hollow spoke technology rims, I think I would keep those.

Old 07-11-2003, 06:55 AM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
I would also put the OE back on and sell those sport 2s and get some of your cash back

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 07-12-2003, 04:27 PM
Banned
bobc4s is on a distinguished road
Keep your old rims and when you turn in the car at the end of the lease you will be able to find plenty of Porsche owners you could sell them to