996tt Knowledge Base

Alignment specs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 06:57 PM
bushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond repute
Alignment specs?

Getting ready to install a set of PSS10 coilovers on my stock 04 996tt cab. Looking at lowering no more than 15mm. Will be doing the install myself and taking the car to a local shop for alignment. Anyone have alignment specs for this effort? Any advise or input greatly appreciated.

Old 05-22-2017, 04:24 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bushrat
Getting ready to install a set of PSS10 coilovers on my stock 04 996tt cab. Looking at lowering no more than 15mm. Will be doing the install myself and taking the car to a local shop for alignment. Anyone have alignment specs for this effort? Any advise or input greatly appreciated.
Unless you have some special application intended for the car I would think you would want to just give the car the same alignment settings it would get were the stock suspension present.

The problem can be the car's alignment adjustment may not be enough to bring the car into proper alignment with an extreme change in ride height. Whether 15mm qualifies as "extreme" I don't know.

You will know if with the car on the rack the tech informs you he can't get the correct settings.

After you get the car properly aligned then you can drive the car and get a feel for its handling/road manners and possibly elect to try a slightly different alignment.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:49 PM
bushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Macster
Unless you have some special application intended for the car I would think you would want to just give the car the same alignment settings it would get were the stock suspension present.

The problem can be the car's alignment adjustment may not be enough to bring the car into proper alignment with an extreme change in ride height. Whether 15mm qualifies as "extreme" I don't know.

You will know if with the car on the rack the tech informs you he can't get the correct settings.

After you get the car properly aligned then you can drive the car and get a feel for its handling/road manners and possibly elect to try a slightly different alignment.
Sounds reasonable, I will do just that. Not wanting to go to extremes just would like to improve somewhat on a 13 year old suspension. Did a few laps on a track and felt the handling was a bit mushy...too much body roll.Thanks for your input.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.