997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Any 997TT owners around Orange County (CA) that can come out and play?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 09:31 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
holy sh*t. cant believe those guys are claiming the 335 V2 can keep with the 997tt. wow what a load of bs.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:05 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Gentlemen.......

This can all be easily settled at a place like Willow Springs/Buttonwillow or CA Speedway.
There are a ton of track events out there...

Not to be a party pooper but why stoop to the level of 17 year old kids .....??

I would be more than happy to take anyone up on a few hot laps Anytime....

Just my .02...

Old 11-07-2007, 11:09 PM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Just giving the people what they wanna see!
i ain't complaining- its what i want to see too

Old 11-08-2007, 12:25 AM
GewoW is on a distinguished road
Guys i really hate getting in the way here buy i think i have too...as much as it's funny to hear those comments, they should be given a little merit...

Yes, obviously they are going to be slightly exaggerated, but you must note that 335is can now push upwards of 400BHP TO THE WHEELS proven here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93865
I think that's not that far from what a 997tt puts down...
Of course, this will not be good in the long run, as you're raping the hell out of your turbos w/ the excess boost, but still...

Now the vishnu is adaptable, as you may already know...and can be set anywhere from low to 100% extra boost (predetermined max, obviously), and everyone can set it according to their wishes. Thus, 2 335is running vishnu V2s will perform differently depending on their tuning setup...so maybe you guys have seen the slow ones.

So what I'm trying to get at is:
1- yes the 997tt is in a different league
2- yes it's little faster
3- but you can't deny the 335i V2 performances...and it just reminds you that if something's got boost, it can go much faster!

Old 11-08-2007, 12:41 AM
Banned
USCTrojanMan29 is on a distinguished road
The ultimate Porsche Turbo killers are those EVOs...I went up against one that was putting down around 600rwhp and my car looked like it was going in slow motion...

Old 11-08-2007, 09:34 AM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Gentlemen.......

This can all be easily settled at a place like Willow Springs/Buttonwillow or CA Speedway.
There are a ton of track events out there...

Not to be a party pooper but why stoop to the level of 17 year old kids .....??

I would be more than happy to take anyone up on a few hot laps Anytime....

Just my .02...
lol,not to expose you and your actions, but don't play Dad here. I can recall you not to long ago running a Nagoro blue S4 wagon on the freeway in your 997TT, tisk, tisk.

Last edited by DLSJ5; 11-08-2007 at 09:56 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:50 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
It still comes down to gearing and powerband. Still not buying it and that was 98 octane boosted at 100% before the good ole LimpMode kicks in.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:55 AM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
It still comes down to gearing and powerband. Still not buying it and that was 98 octane boosted at 100% before the good ole LimpMode kicks in.
Agreed and no one's denying the potential and speed on the V2 335I GewoW brings up some good points, but the highest trap is 113 so far on a modded 335I, no where near a stock 997TT's trap, I think it's very reasonable to question such claims, but they have a vid which shows this I guess, not posted yet, but we shall see.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:59 PM
GewoW is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Agreed and no one's denying the potential and speed on the V2 335I GewoW brings up some good points, but the highest trap is 113 so far on a modded 335I, no where near a stock 997TT's trap, I think it's very reasonable to question such claims, but they have a vid which shows this I guess, not posted yet, but we shall see.
Exactly, I'm not here to pick a fight...just to tell those that think this claim is ludicrous that it isn't so much...

Where have you gotten that trap speed from?
Reason is...on http://www.dragtimes.com they have some 110s with people running about +40-50 whp...
I'm sure the 380-400 whp proceded 335s can get >113 no?

Old 11-09-2007, 01:32 AM
IIVVX will become famous soon enoughIIVVX will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by GewoW
Guys i really hate getting in the way here buy i think i have too...as much as it's funny to hear those comments, they should be given a little merit...

Yes, obviously they are going to be slightly exaggerated, but you must note that 335is can now push upwards of 400BHP TO THE WHEELS proven here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93865
I think that's not that far from what a 997tt puts down...
Of course, this will not be good in the long run, as you're raping the hell out of your turbos w/ the excess boost, but still...

Now the vishnu is adaptable, as you may already know...and can be set anywhere from low to 100% extra boost (predetermined max, obviously), and everyone can set it according to their wishes. Thus, 2 335is running vishnu V2s will perform differently depending on their tuning setup...so maybe you guys have seen the slow ones.

So what I'm trying to get at is:
1- yes the 997tt is in a different league
2- yes it's little faster
3- but you can't deny the 335i V2 performances...and it just reminds you that if something's got boost, it can go much faster!
damn, those are impressive numbers for a 335. i foresee many peg leg burnouts.

Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29
The ultimate Porsche Turbo killers are those EVOs...I went up against one that was putting down around 600rwhp and my car looked like it was going in slow motion...
yup.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by GewoW
Exactly, I'm not here to pick a fight...just to tell those that think this claim is ludicrous that it isn't so much...

Where have you gotten that trap speed from?
Reason is...on http://www.dragtimes.com they have some 110s with people running about +40-50 whp...
I'm sure the 380-400 whp proceded 335s can get >113 no?
Not sure, I would think 115 or so should be doable.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:51 PM
Bmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant future
Just got a ride in a buddys 997 TT. No way in HELL will any 335 take any 997 turbo... Unless the turbos on the 335 are replaced I don't see it happening on stock turbos with any tuning. The driver pushed some button to let over boost happen for 15 seconds or something. HOLY CRAP all 4 wheels broke loose. It's crazy fast.

Old 11-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
Darn. I would have been at the meet. Include me in any further invites! Thanks.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:26 AM
TTurbonegro is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JonA85
whatever happens, take pictures

word

Old 11-11-2007, 12:26 PM
yh8t is on a distinguished road
I'm in the LA area but I'll come out for sure.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any 997TT owners around Orange County (CA) that can come out and play?