997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Electric Exhaust Dump Valves

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:10 AM
Metalman is on a distinguished road
Electric Exhaust Dump Valves

Guys,

Just thought I would let everyone in on a product I think we can modify a little to be a great item for us.

Write dave an email so he sees how much interest their might be so we can modify his product to work for all of us

http://www.dmhperformance.com/ecutout.htm

Dave is a great guy and he is willing build something special for us if their is enough interst and I have no interest in the company just selfish as I want him to do something for us!

Check it out it will work awesome.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:58 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
I have been down this road before on the 996TT. It would take a totally custom system to use these dumps and have it provide any gains.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:24 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
The best one on the market:

Kreissieg¡¯s Type F1 Race exhaust system is a unique design that delivers performance and sound on demand.
Unlike any other exhaust, this system allows the driver complete control over the exhaust¡¯s performance and sound attributes.
With each Type F1 Race design, two exhaust gas paths are configured.
Normal Mode : This path is a traditional path that takes the exhaust through the catalytic converters and muffler chamber before it exits at the rear tips.
F1 Mode : This path bypasses both the catalytic converters* and muffler chamber, thus taking the exhaust straight from the manifold to its exit at the rear tips.
F1 Mode produces the greatest possible horsepower gain with a true F1 race-style sound.
Strategic placement of butterfly valves in the system allows for instantaneous control between Normal and F1 modes.
A switch placed within the cabin controls the valves. With a simple flip of the switch, the driver selects between Normal and F1 modes.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Metalman is on a distinguished road
Dave what are your thoughts on doing this system?

I think we can make it work but maybe I'm wrong?

Old 12-09-2007, 11:21 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Been down this road too. These units simply dont hold up to the turbo heat. Most all of them I have seen tried on a turbo car have either seized up or fallen apart. Better idea would be to get a couple 60mm wastegates and mod them to work. ATP turbo use to sell vacuum operated valves like the ones used in the above mentioned exhaust. They have been back ordered for years though.