997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

AWE 700 kit review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:26 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
it'll be owsem to see AWE vs Evoms

Old 07-02-2008, 01:14 AM
treynor has a spectacular aura abouttreynor has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
When I got that 133.7 out of their car it was on regular street 19" PS2's (Like yours). My best ET was 11.2 but that was the 1st time for me at the drag strip driving a Porsche besides my GT3. I am sure with some more passes and some better conditions, (than AZ elevation and 90 degree temps) I would have been able to get a better time.
Looking forward to seeing your runs Treynor!
Ah! My apologies, I was thinking your runs were the same I'd seen on a video with a car running PS Cups. Your ETs make sense, and that is a *smoking* trap speed, doubly so considering the weather!

The forecast for Friday in Sacramento is mid-80s, so it'll be interesting to see how my car runs. I'll post as soon as times are available.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by treynor
EVO seems to build a very stout system. If I recall correctly they ran that pass on 'cup' tires, which would let them launch a bit harder than I can on the stockers. That said, I expect to come very close to their numbers -- whether I beat them or not will depend on the weather, traction, and of course the nut behind the wheel

I continue to be very interested in a head-to-head run, since comparing cars run at different tracks on different days doesn't tell you a lot about their relative performance. Any takers? AWE has gotten AWEfully quiet
Treynor,

You're not in the most conveniently located part of the country. We're not avoiding the challenge, we simply do not have a client with the package in your area yet. Originally I though you were in Socal.

We have kits in Socal, Texas, PA, GA, and Florida at this time, until the official roll out of the kit.

I'm curious what fuel were you running on your runs? Those are good times and traps and comparable to our earlier development runs on pump.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:49 AM
Those were my 650-kit runs. Are you referring to runs you made on a 650 or 700TT kit? The fastest AWE pass I see in Divexxtreme's official list of 1/4 mile times has a .2 sec slower ET and a 0.8 mph slower trap than my 650 run. See https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=55163

Regardless, this Friday will be on 100 octane. No partial measures permitted when I'm gunning for LUISGT3 / EVOMS's 133.7 trap

Old 07-02-2008, 09:59 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Those were my 650-kit runs. Are you referring to runs you made on a 650 or 700TT kit? The fastest AWE pass I see in Divexxtreme's official list of 1/4 mile times has a .2 sec slower ET and a 0.8 mph slower trap than my 650 run. See https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=55163

Regardless, this Friday will be on 100 octane. No partial measures permitted when I'm gunning for LUISGT3 / EVOMS's 133.7 trap
At least race with EVT 700 )))

Old 07-02-2008, 10:05 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
My 1/4 trap at the Texas Mile (PSM ON, soft launch, and into a 15-20mph headwind) was 130.59 mph

Old 07-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by eclou
My 1/4 trap at the Texas Mile (PSM ON, soft launch, and into a 15-20mph headwind) was 130.59 mph
Yah, I wish I had run a GPS logger in my car at the dragstrip as well so we'd have a comparison. One can't directly compare GPS and dragstrip trap speeds since they're measured differently, and I don't know how to translate your GPS trapspeed into a 1/4 mile trapspeed.

Once again, it would be awfully nice to just have two cars at the same 'strip at the same time...

Old 07-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !

I am referring to runs made during development of our 700 kit. The runs in the link are when we were around 680 crank hp on pump. We're well over the 700hp on pump number now with our in house car but have not run the car at the strip in current trim.

In development form:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlVIEKRZqaY

In current form:

http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/mult..._Turbo_Kit.wmv

Was your 11.02 @ 128.4 run on pump fuel or race fuel? That's pretty good for pump and full weight car.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:56 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !

Ben,

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but I understand the EVOMS shop car (silver) is a 3.8l

Old 07-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by Todd/AWE
I am referring to runs made during development of our 700 kit. The runs in the link are when we were around 680 crank hp on pump. We're well over the 700hp on pump number now with our in house car but have not run the car at the strip in current trim.

In development form:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlVIEKRZqaY

In current form:

http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/mult..._Turbo_Kit.wmv

Was your 11.02 @ 128.4 run on pump fuel or race fuel? That's pretty good for pump and full weight car.
I didn't note, but If I recall correctly, that night I was running on a tank of standard pump 91 octane with 5 gals of VP racing 103 thrown in, so the combined octane was 94-95. California is "blessed" with only 91 octane premium at the pumps, and it's 10% ethanol to boot.

There's no question my car likes higher-octane gas. I actually have VP racing 100 octane at the pump 2 miles from my new house. Any intimation that I chose my new house in part because of its proximity to race gas will be vigorously denied

Old 07-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Ben,

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but I understand the EVOMS shop car (silver) is a 3.8l
Well NO, I don't recall that little fact being mentioned Can anyone confirm or deny? Was the 133.7 mph run done with a stock engine or the modified one? I'm all for souping up these cars, but the cost for a 700TT kit (~$18K installed) is VERY different from the cost once you open up the engine...

Old 07-02-2008, 11:37 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Ben,

You are 100% incorrect my friend.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:41 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Can anyone confirm or deny? Was the 133.7 mph run done with a stock engine or the modified one?
My run was with a STOCK 3.6 motor just like yours and just like the car is right now and always has been. I love the rumors though lol.
If the car was a 3.8, it would be running different turbos than the modded VTG's and would be into the 140's trap. I just spent some time with the car here in MN a couple of months back and it runs a little better than it did before with the new EVOMSit tuning, but not 3.8 better .

Old 07-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
You are 100% incorrect my friend.
This may get ugly, but the truth about that car and its actual state of tune/mechanicals all came out in the wash when Evo lost their GIAC reseller status.

Suffice to say that all was not kosher with most of their "claims", including what software they were using and what they were sending to customers with their kits.

Are you sure you want to go to bat for them here?

Old 07-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Where's that damn popcorn emoticon when you need it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: AWE 700 kit review