997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

C&D: Nissan GTR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Akira has a spectacular aura aboutAkira has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by whyb2nd
I can get one @ msrp if I want, I would have to see it in the flesh and drive it 1st. If I bought one I wouldn't sell my TT though.
I think you are on to something. You can get GTR for track toy and drive the TT as weekend/daily driver.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:32 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
What kind of logic is that? Piece meal times together from different magazines?

Fanboy logic.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:05 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
I thought fanboi Z07 got banned?

Old 03-24-2008, 05:28 AM
Z07
Banned
Z07 is on a distinguished road
What kind of logic is that? Piece meal times together from different magazines?
The R&T car got a better launch. That's what the figures say.

Originally Posted by Akira
I think you are on to something. You can get GTR for track toy and drive the TT as weekend/daily driver.
Sounds like a plan.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:58 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Tony (FL)
These Dunlops (SP600) are not the all season tires(Dunlop SP7010). These are the Dunlops that come on the base car. The Premium package includes the Bridgestones. These are supposedly stickier than the Bridgestones according to rumor. The Dunlop SP7010 are included with the Cold Weather package.
i was abused by the last page :

options : ipod, cold weather package (includes run flat tires ...)

Old 03-24-2008, 06:21 AM
Z07
Banned
Z07 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jiaim
i was abused by the last page
It's terrible when pages do that. I'm always very careful at weddings and the like.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:48 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
didn't realized that when typing, but english isn't my first language

Old 03-24-2008, 07:05 AM
Tony (FL) is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tony (FL)
These Dunlops (SP600) are not the all season tires(Dunlop SP7010). These are the Dunlops that come on the base car. The Premium package includes the Bridgestones. These are supposedly stickier than the Bridgestones according to rumor. The Dunlop SP7010 are included with the Cold Weather package.
I think my post was confusing after I reread it a couple of times.
There are three tires that come on the GT-R. The base model comes with Dunlop SP600 DSST. These are supposed to be the stickiest and most of the tests by the magazines have these tires on them. The Cold Weather Package includes Dunlop SP7010 all-season tires. The Premium Package includes Bridgestone RE070R. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:18 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
GT-R's a super car...yes...absolutely. But a supercar doesn't make a super driver. Aren't all the electronic nannies supposed to prevent this?

Attached Images  
Old 03-24-2008, 09:05 AM
GT-R's a super car...yes...absolutely. But a supercar doesn't make a super driver. Aren't all the electronic nannies supposed to prevent this?

hell ...

Old 03-24-2008, 10:45 AM
gtrmonkey is on a distinguished road
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ebay Time

Old 03-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jiaim
hell ...
Uh-Oh! Better get Maaco.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:48 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
LOL, looks like my conspiracy theories are starting to ring true more and more. But rather than add to the tens of thousands of GT-R threads I figured I'd just continue shooting down the ones that are present.

The GT-R never trapped anywhere near 124 mph. Car and Driver tested the car at 4000 feet of elevation, and used a correction factor for an NA car which are twice as much as what is present on an NA car. I doubt they did it on accident.

More fuel in the fire. The 997 TT is faster in a straight line, I think most people are getting that point now. Just a matter of time before we start seeing some honest results on the road course.

So much for the 575 hp theories huh. I guess since the V-Spec GT-R is reported to have 550 hp then it will actually come with 700 hp.

With that being said, we have a trap speed of a whopping 116 mph on the same day the 997 TT trapped 118. BURN!!!!!!

Old 04-08-2008, 02:56 PM
BradPete is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Akira
GTR thread process:

1) Someone posts amazing numbers of GTR from various magazines.

2) People will say how fast the GTR is.

3) People will say it is still a Nissan.

4) HeavyChevy will say the magazine reviews are fixed.

5) Repeat step 2, 3, and 4.

6) Another magazine with great review of GTR is posted.

Rinse and Repeat.
+ 1000

How many more do we need?

Old 04-08-2008, 03:08 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
One thing that was brought up on the GT-R sites but hasn't made it over here is this wasn't a production car but a US spec. test mule. One of the individuals involved with the test was explaning how the stickier tires ended up on the optioned car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.