997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Choosing Exterior Color

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 09:13 PM
wcatabay is a jewel in the roughwcatabay is a jewel in the roughwcatabay is a jewel in the rough
Choosing Exterior Color

I'm getting close to finalizing my build date and had decided on GT Silver a couple of months back it being a classic and cannot go wrong. After seeing Carrera White on this thread, it looks fabulous! I just went to the P dealer to look at colors and seen a to be delivered Meteor Gray w/ painted lowers and I tell you that looks awesome.

Should I stay with my orginal color of GT Silver or Carrera White or Meteor Gray? I'm thinking if I go with the standard non optional color like C. White or Meteor, I could use the extra funding to have the lowers painted.

Thoughts since you folks have seen way many colors on TT than I have. I'm in my late 40's, so maybe that has something to do with GT Silver. Thanks...

Old 04-14-2008, 09:17 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
My white TT arrived this weekend and I am bringing it home tomorrow. My third white Porsche and ONLY color I drive

Old 04-14-2008, 09:35 PM
ERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to behold
Silver- way too many out there - BORING
Greys - OK
White- I love my white 997 TT Cab

Old 04-14-2008, 09:40 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by wcatabay
I'm getting close to finalizing my build date and had decided on GT Silver a couple of months back it being a classic and cannot go wrong. After seeing Carrera White on this thread, it looks fabulous! I just went to the P dealer to look at colors and seen a to be delivered Meteor Gray w/ painted lowers and I tell you that looks awesome.

Should I stay with my orginal color of GT Silver or Carrera White or Meteor Gray? I'm thinking if I go with the standard non optional color like C. White or Meteor, I could use the extra funding to have the lowers painted.

Thoughts since you folks have seen way many colors on TT than I have. I'm in my late 40's, so maybe that has something to do with GT Silver. Thanks...
Late 40's? Maybe you should get Centrum Silver

Asking for opinions on color choice from a forum is a fruitless exercise. Much like asking everyone what kind of toothbrush you should use. Everyone has an opinion, but only you know what appeals to you.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:50 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I vote for black.

I love black. Black is beautiful. Black with yellow calipers is even more so. But...in many members' opinions, black isn't a color...it's a labor of love.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:14 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
I vote for black.

I love black. Black is beautiful. Black with yellow calipers is even more so. But...in many members' opinions, black isn't a color...it's a labor of love.

How is this for black? My tt shrunk courtesy of Atomic80.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:27 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wcatabay

LOL -- Buying all three would answer it . Just kidding .
I happen to like all three of the colors as well as my black car .
I feel that the silver in the sunlight looks great --like a low level spaceship.
The white shows the car's lines beautifully .
Meteor has this beautiful hue agaisnt some brushed wheels --yikes.

You can't go wrong with any .
So I;m back to buying all three .

Old 04-14-2008, 11:41 PM
BradPete is on a distinguished road
Hi,

I had same "problem" than You!

Deciding between modern white and GT Silver was really hard- I went to GT Silver and has not regretted it once!

GT Silver is not standard color and with different lighting it really changes and gives the best out of it!

It differs from basic silvers and among with other Porsche enthusiasts I have gotten lots of credit for the color also!!

Color is definately matter of taste- but with GT Silver You can not go wrong

Old 04-14-2008, 11:46 PM
raffi will become famous soon enough
those are the exact 3 colors i would be going between, ive never had a dark color so meteor would be my top, but then ive never had white either... and although my last 2 p-cars were arctic, the gt silver just seems like a completely different color.
tough decision

Old 04-15-2008, 05:29 AM
Cobraa77 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I'd go white...it's so classic and hot!

Old 04-15-2008, 06:19 AM
PbPedis is on a distinguished road
Guess what, every time you see this car in a new colour, you will want it. It looks great in every colour. Pick the one you like best and just go for it. As above, there is no point in asking what others would pick. It will be your car and you have to live with it.

I went to my dealer intent on ordering Cobalt, saw an Atlas and almost changed the order because Atlas looked gorgeous in the sun. Bottom line, I'd be happy with this car in any colour, except perhaps paint to sample hot pink.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:23 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
Late 40's? Maybe you should get Centrum Silver
LMAO

Guards....go Guards, and forget all those other 'boring' colors.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:59 AM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
IMHO No to silver, I like different colors. White is OK but on cars i've ordered i've always done a different color or "color to sample" I did one in BMW "hennarot" (red-orange) man did that car get the looks....people just loved it.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:53 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
It's your car and you have to live with it. That being said, I love my GT Silver and it is a great "lazy man's" car. So easy to take care of. BTW - I'm 57 and my days of loving to wash cars is over. The GT doesn't show a little dirt or a few swirls. There are no wrong choices and good luck with yours.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:30 AM
eaglejackson is on a distinguished road
I don't know if it's a factor for you, but GT Silver is a special color that costs $2450 extra while white and meteor are included in the base price.

That said, I paid the upcharge for slate.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Choosing Exterior Color