997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My Road to 800HP with GT3076 Turbos - Story Starts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Banned
jbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by vividracing
Thank you, we still bolt on alot for WRX's, check our blog at www.vividracing.com/blog
YA Im fully aware, was more of a compliment on your progression than a state ment of exclusion

Old 02-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
No I appreciate what you said, sincerely.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:06 PM
Banned
jbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant future
I was just yanking the chain for the deep link post

Old 02-18-2009, 07:51 AM
greekm3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Giorgos Cayman
Really nice project!!Is the motor(stock) safe with 800ps??
800ps in what dyno?..big difference my friend george..................i have see a TT with 760bhp(and had 3.8ltr ,GT3heads etc) in crank at MAHA!!!we speak for almost 600whp..but horses not ponies..and has problem with the front axle and the transmission(so they fitted a gearbox cooling kit)........is very usual in many places in world to speak for 800-900-1000bhp in stock motor...included greece

Last edited by greekm3; 02-18-2009 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
More updates coming today. Got the wastegates all handled

Old 02-18-2009, 01:42 PM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Most important thing is HOW THOSE POINIES RUN

We've seen proves of those bolt ons with 700-800-1000 runing great times...You can put 3.8-4.0 liter kit and which ever heads you want and still wont run those times...

TIMES speak for themselves...not even talking about DYNO numbers...

Originally Posted by greekm3
800ps in what dyno?..big difference my friend george..................i have see a TT with 760bhp(and had 3.8ltr ,GT3heads etc) in crank at MAHA!!!we speak for almost 600whp..but horses not ponies..and has problem with the front axle and the transmission(so they fitted a gearbox cooling kit)........is very usual in many places in world to speak for 800-900-1000bhp in stock motor...included greece

Last edited by GT RUS; 02-18-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Former Vendor
This is my project thread, not your opinion or bickering thread. Please create a new thread if you want to discuss stuff like that.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:04 PM
greekm3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vividracing
This is my project thread, not your opinion or bickering thread. Please create a new thread if you want to discuss stuff like that.
sorry..you have right..keep going ...and good luck with your project(..and i mean it as i appreciate your company too much,i bought some stuff from you few years ago..excellent service)

Old 02-19-2009, 08:17 AM
Former Vendor
Thank you. Just asking for some respect.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:26 PM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
Hey Dan! how's the project coming along? I've heard of Vivid since they had their Mitsu Evos, That said, I back Dan to deal with whatever obstacle he has to in order to achieve is goal of 800HP! Now show us more pix! :-)

Old 02-19-2009, 04:51 PM
RenovatioPR is a splendid one to beholdRenovatioPR is a splendid one to beholdRenovatioPR is a splendid one to beholdRenovatioPR is a splendid one to beholdRenovatioPR is a splendid one to beholdRenovatioPR is a splendid one to beholdRenovatioPR is a splendid one to beholdRenovatioPR is a splendid one to behold
Cant wait to see the final package....... Looks great keep up the great work

Old 02-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Porsche_911 will become famous soon enough
Regardless if it's ponies or horses. I want them as long as it's in huge amount.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:55 AM
porche997turbo will become famous soon enoughporche997turbo will become famous soon enough
very interesting project, looks like your doing a great job, looking forward to seeing it done.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:08 AM
Former Vendor
Well there are many reasons to go with actual Garrett turbos instead of these hybrid setups. Ultimately, faster spool, greater power, and the ability to have a huge turbo setup But with a non bolt on turbo comes issues. Garrett turbos require the use of oil and waterlines. But unlike the 996TT, taking the stock oil line out of the block is not that easy. The factory 997TT turbo is also water cooled, but those Germans created an oddity push fitting. So we have to do the unthinkable. Convert a German to AMURICAN!

Since the Garrett turbo requires standard American fittings for the oil lines and waterlines, we cut the fittings off each line and then metal soldered on new AN fittings which will then connect to the appropriate banjo bolt or fitting to go to the turbo. Slow process, I know. But in the end, this will become a complete bolt on Garrett Turbo Kit for installation.

All that is left now is for super fabricator Jason to finish the top Ypipe and connect all the dots. Once that is done, we will put everything together and see if it fires up without leaking Now there will probably be a GAZILLION check engine lights, but that is ok. Once we know everything is good, the clutch will be pulled and sent to ClutchMasters to be beefed up. While that is done, the pipes will go to powdercoat and get jigged. Then master ECU tuner Scott from Softronic will make this thing rip out 800 HP to the crank. Oh yeah, will have to install a Greddy EBC too

Stay tuned and keep watching at www.vividracing.com/forums/project-997tt

Old 02-25-2009, 10:03 AM
Former Vendor
Closer... closer... closer. Trust me it is killing me! But Jason our master fabricator is kicking ***! He will have the Ypipe completed today to work with our Carbon Fiber Air Intake or the OEM intake and factory boost hoses. We wanted to keep all parts modular. You can also see the intercoolers are in place and the new oil and water lines are attached. Soon!

Again all pictures can be seen here - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/gallery/browseimages.php?c=342

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Road to 800HP with GT3076 Turbos - Story Starts