997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Walter Rohl with Cargraphic Airlift System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 12:52 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
What are the pros and cons between the two products?

Originally Posted by RSSbryan
The Techart Noselift System is a hydraulic based system.
The Cargraphic / Bilstein Airlift Kit works via Air Compression (pneumatic) from the Porsche supplied air compressor unit in the spare tire kit.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:02 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sparkhill
Thanks for the reply. SharkWerks has done the work on my car and Alex took the time to explain how the retrofit works (through RSS) a couple of months ago. It is just that I live about 4 hours away from SharkWerks so it is a matter of timing. I was just lamenting that it is a 3-4 day trip rather than a one day trip. I completely understand the reasoning though.
Hey Sparkhill, actually I should update the scenario a bit and as an FYI we're fully on-board now and can do the entire retro-fit in-house so there's no need to send them out etc...

Hopefully that makes it a 1 day trip instead

Old 04-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Sharkwerks – NorCal Authorized Cargraphic Airlift Install Center

Alex - you beat me to it, but Sharkwerks in Northern California has just been certified and announced as an Official RSS/Cargraphic Airlift Installation & Retrofit Facility.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:25 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Any plans to have other facilities certified for retrofitting this system to exiting Bilstein coilovers? I'm in the Seattle area and it'd be much more convenient if there was a facility up here that could do the retrofit. That's one of the only things keeping me from getting this system. I don't relish the idea of having to remove the coilovers, ship them down South and then re-installing them again.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:29 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
What are the pros and cons between the two products?
I'm wondering the same thing too.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atomic80
Any plans to have other facilities certified for retrofitting this system to exiting Bilstein coilovers? I'm in the Seattle area and it'd be much more convenient if there was a facility up here that could do the retrofit. That's one of the only things keeping me from getting this system. I don't relish the idea of having to remove the coilovers, ship them down South and then re-installing them again.
Atomic80,

Yes – we will be authorizing additional facilities around the country in the weeks to come. Have your favorite local performance shop contact RSS if you would like and we can arrange for them to be certified. PM me with your exact location and I can see if I have a shop close by to perform the retrofit.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Former Vendor
Exclamation Cargraphic Airlift Kits Have Arrived – In Stock Now!

The long awaited Cargraphic / Bilstein Airlift Kits are IN STOCK, contact RSS for details. Thanks.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by khaosai
Hi,

impressive work.

What did he have to say on the product ?.

Rgds.
The 1m54.4s Mr Rohrl achieved early in the day with perfect conditions and fresh tires suggested he was on form, but then this was true motorsport – and anything could happen. Policed by an onboard video and data-logging system from Leitspeed in Munich, there would be no hiding the result if things went wrong.

“There was a big turn out of press and everyone was welcome,” said Cargraphic co-founder, Michael’s brother Thomas Schnarr. “We wanted the test to be as transparent as possible, this was an acid test, under glass.”

Everyone knew Rohrl could not match the time he set in the crisp morning air on crisp new tires, but his pre-lunch time of 1m55.5 was the perfect benchmark, the real target for the day.

Then the mechanics stormed into a race of their own, fitting the Airlift Suspension in just two hours to put the car back on track in time for the last stint of the day. This was the big one, and as Rohrl pulled back into the pits after a flat to the floor blast round Hockenheim, nervous faces greeted his return.

“No different at all,” was the swift conclusion, and the 1mm55.7s lap, an almost exact repeat, backed up his expert analysis. A second lap just one-tenth of a second off proved his own metronomic consistency and the system’s skills and the Airlift Suspension gained the ultimate seal of approval. This is motorsport technology as it was meant to be.

Attached Images   
Old 04-27-2009, 04:24 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
A few questions for ya:

http://www.cargraphic.de/sources/vid...osAirlift.html

Is this video edited at all, or does the cargraphic lift kit really raise as fast as the video depicts? I read on another thread that says the lifting procedure takes 43 seconds.

Also, is it harmful to the car at all to leave it in the "up" position while it's parked?

The last scenerio I have for you is, say you lift the car up, pull out of your driveway and drive away. If you accidently leave the car in the raised position, will the car lower automatically over a period of time or at a certain speed?

Thank you!

Old 04-27-2009, 11:13 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Hey Sparkhill, actually I should update the scenario a bit and as an FYI we're fully on-board now and can do the entire retro-fit in-house so there's no need to send them out etc...

Hopefully that makes it a 1 day trip instead
Great news! I am excited about the additional drop. I think I will try to get it done the first week of June when I head over to the Laguna Seca DE I talked to you about. The wife still wants the Cargraphic Cayenne TT-S exhaust and we may bring both cars over anyway. I also have a couple of other ideas I want to run by you. I need to shake out the sofa cushions for some spare change. I will talk to you more about all of this offline in the next day or two.

Last edited by sparkhill; 04-27-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:56 AM
acf
Few more questions if you dont mind!

does cargraphic offer a warranty for the lift kit?

If I were to get the kit installed now with the remote, when the newer version comes out with an integrated button, will it be easily possible to change the remote for a button?

Old 04-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Former Vendor
A few questions for ya:

http://www.cargraphic.de/sources/vid...osAirlift.html

Is this video edited at all, or does the cargraphic lift kit really raise as fast as the video depicts? I read on another thread that says the lifting procedure takes 43 seconds.

Also, is it harmful to the car at all to leave it in the "up" position while it's parked?

The last scenerio I have for you is, say you lift the car up, pull out of your driveway and drive away. If you accidently leave the car in the raised position, will the car lower automatically over a period of time or at a certain speed?

Thank you!
Hi,

1. Answer: The Cargraphic Airlift Kit does NOT take 43 seconds to inflate, that is false information.
As soon as the button is pushed and the compressor kicks in, it takes approx. 10-15 seconds for the system to inflate to full lift.
Bilstein engineers designed it this way for a reason. A smooth, gradual inflation guarantees NO damage to the shaft and seals in the shock.

2. Answer: It is NOT harmful for the car to be parked in the "UP" position.
If you park the car in "UP" position, it will remain in the "UP" position.

3. Answer: The car will automatically lower itself at 30mph if you don't press the button after driving off.

Additional Info:
Airlift Kit only weighs 6.6lbs.
Install time is 2 hours + alignment
2 Year Warranty

Old 04-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Former Vendor
Few more questions if you dont mind!

does cargraphic offer a warranty for the lift kit?

If I were to get the kit installed now with the remote, when the newer version comes out with an integrated button, will it be easily possible to change the remote for a button?
Hi,

Yes, there is a 2 year warranty currently which will most likely turn to a 4 year warranty.
If and when the integrated button version comes out, it will be easy to update your car to this method. Thanks.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:21 PM
acf
Bryan, thank you!

Old 04-28-2009, 12:34 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Bryan,

How difficult is the retrofit? I installed my Damptronics myself, so would this be something that would be relatively simple to install for the DIY'er? If not, would I be able to remove my Bilsteins drive down and have you guys retrofit the system?

Thanks!

Matt

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Walter Rohl with Cargraphic Airlift System