997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Techart Formula GTS 20", anyone has them, used them?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 09:59 AM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Techart Formula GTS 20", anyone has them, used them?

I am trying to find pictures of a 997TT preferably silver or GT silver with those wheels on it and i would like feedback about how well they do and some more information such as weight and pricing.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
I had a GTS set on our 997 C4S in 20" which is the same setup as the turbo (but car was black).....very nice wheels, great quality, and not as heavy as everyone thinks they are.

We are also the dealer for TX, so I would love to help you since you are somewhat local.

See the pics below....ah I miss that car!

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 07-30-2009, 05:48 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
x4

Old 07-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Former Vendor
markccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by KA 997TT
I am trying to find pictures of a 997TT preferably silver or GT silver with those wheels on it and i would like feedback about how well they do and some more information such as weight and pricing.
If weight is a primary concern then here is the lightweight version of that wheel
21 lbs vs. 27 lbs.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:44 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by markccars
If weight is a primary concern then here is the lightweight version of that wheel
21 lbs vs. 27 lbs.

weight and dimensions/offset please?

Old 07-30-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by peter@wheelexperts
I had a GTS set on our 997 C4S in 20" which is the same setup as the turbo (but car was black).....very nice wheels, great quality, and not as heavy as everyone thinks they are.

We are also the dealer for TX, so I would love to help you since you are somewhat local.

See the pics below....ah I miss that car!

Thank you very much for the pictures and the info.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing
Those are tanks compared to your P40's Kino.
I learned that today. what you think of the lighter version? i want a different set of wheels maybe to place a set of sport cups on it.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
If I am not mistaken, the HRE P40 20" weighs about 26 lbs in the rear 20x12. The TechArts are 27. I don't think its THAT big of a difference to be called "tanks".

The TechArt Formula 1 wheels are made by BBS...so they are good quality and relatively light considering the design and the fact that they are cast.

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

Old 07-30-2009, 11:34 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Formula III's are _very_ light. I was really surprised (and hence happy).

Old 07-31-2009, 03:10 AM
Kuwait997 is a splendid one to beholdKuwait997 is a splendid one to beholdKuwait997 is a splendid one to beholdKuwait997 is a splendid one to beholdKuwait997 is a splendid one to beholdKuwait997 is a splendid one to beholdKuwait997 is a splendid one to behold
a friend of mine got two sets here in Kuwait for 10 USD for the set. I'll post up some pics when he installs them on his GT3 & GT3 RS

Old 07-31-2009, 07:39 AM
Basic Sponsor
That 997V2 of yours is a beauty Alex!!!!

Old 07-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Former Vendor
markccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by KA 997TT
weight and dimensions/offset please?
20" x 8.5" et 52, 21 lbs.
20" x 12" et 50, 27 lbs.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:34 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Guys I thought we are talking about the ORIGINAL Formula wheels.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:38 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Just saw your post GMoney that is funny!

Kino the Formula III is same as the P40 you have. We did a set on a white 997TT in Mexico here -

Old 07-31-2009, 12:14 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by peter@wheelexperts
That 997V2 of yours is a beauty Alex!!!!
Thanks Peter... she's a great daily D:P

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Techart Formula GTS 20", anyone has them, used them?