997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Teaser Alert: 997 Turbo OBDII ECU Flashing????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
Is the tune a standard file or are the customers suppose to mention what mods they currently have to maximize the performance, or does that not matter. Is there a tune file for any octane wanted by the customer? For example here in Dubai we have 98 octane, and is each octane file completely re-calibrated? Thanks.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Good question Porsche Boy - the tune is and is not a standard file. We have different files for different cars like yours. There are standard files for 91 oct, 93 oct, and 98 octane cars. A customer with 91 octane pump would not want a 93 oct map to start with as the timing is more aggressive and the car would knock. On the reverse, a 91 octane customer can put higher octane in the car and the ECU would adjust. Basic bolt ons like exhaust, intake, intercoolers, there is no need for custom tuning. The only time you would have to do revisions is if you did larger turbos, different injectors, etc.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Bigrigger has a spectacular aura aboutBigrigger has a spectacular aura about
Porsche Boy.. In Dubai, do they use RON Octane ratings on fuel or MON.

Example: 93Oct in USA is 97Oct in Europe (I think those numbers are right)

Old 08-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Our customers in Australia use 98ron which we use a 93oct map for.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
I believe it is Ron octane here.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Former Vendor
yeah you would be a 93 octane map. we have several customers in Dubai, Bahrain, Kuwait running our Softronic tune.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing
yeah you would be a 93 octane map. we have several customers in Dubai, Bahrain, Kuwait running our Softronic tune.
Would it be possible if there were to be a 95 or 96 octane tune available for the middle east? I ask because I believe with a higher octane tune the timing can be further increased resulting in more power.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:10 PM
I may be mistaken about the type of octane we use here. I will have to double check on it.

Last edited by Porsche Boy; 08-14-2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Wrong meaning
Old 08-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Former Vendor
The ECU file is designed to adjust with the higher octane. So when you put in better fuel, the timing will adjust and the car will run better. For example I run a 91 octane map on mine. I use a boost controller, when I put 100 octane in, I can turn the boost up and the file adjusts accordingly.

If you wanted a specific tuned file for 95 octane with more advanced timing, we can do that too. Its part of our custom tuning program.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing
The ECU file is designed to adjust with the higher octane. So when you put in better fuel, the timing will adjust and the car will run better. For example I run a 91 octane map on mine. I use a boost controller, when I put 100 octane in, I can turn the boost up and the file adjusts accordingly.

If you wanted a specific tuned file for 95 octane with more advanced timing, we can do that too. Its part of our custom tuning program.
Wow, I guess Softronic has a solution for any need a customer can have. Easy installation, no fidgeting with the ECU and flexible customization access to the customer. Very nice, the reason why I asked for the 95 octane is because if I am not mistaken the ecu can only adjust to a certain extent when there is better octane available. However, a tune set for a higher octane will have more advance timing therefore yielding more power than the ecu adjusting for higher octane correct?

Old 08-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Hello All,

I thought I would post this screen for all the blue screen people . Take note of the recovery icon in the image. While Softronic does not have these failure issues we still have added an extra layer of security for all users.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Attached Images  

Last edited by Softronic; 08-14-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:23 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
when will this be officially ready?! i am looking very forward to it.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Former Vendor
Version 3.0 will include flashing for the 997TT cars and the DFI cars. 997TT has been completed and tested. DFI is in process. I will see if we can make some exceptions.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Former Vendor
Do I have 5 people that want to get in on a Pre-Release special to show the power and performance of Softronic? PM me.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Former Vendor
I just got done testing it out and it worked flawlessly

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Teaser Alert: 997 Turbo OBDII ECU Flashing????