997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

"Oakley Design" experience...please read!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Mark997TT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Mcflurry
Oakley Design is definitely still around. I know a fellow photoshoper who very recently did some work with him and went to an event with Jon Oakley himself. I can maybe ask him to talk to Jon for you...?
Yes, please any assistance would be most appreciated! Tell him I need some IMMEDIATE communication to this situation. I have sent PLENTY of emails and he has all my info. Right now I'm still being pleasant and giving him much more benefit of the doubt than they deserve.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:45 PM
drkbrent is a jewel in the roughdrkbrent is a jewel in the roughdrkbrent is a jewel in the rough
Oakley

I was interested in their sequential shift kit. Emailed them a couple of days ago and no response. Thanks for giving us a heads up about these guys!

Old 09-25-2009, 02:04 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, this is really surprising. Not too long ago, people were oogling all over his sequential shifter. Why is Pistonheads deleting the threads? If he's a sponsor over there, shouldn't they have a responsibility to suspend his sponsorship or at least try to have him make things right with the forum members? I understand he pays money to sponsor, but having a forum sponsored by crooks reflects poorly on their forum. Good luck on getting your money back since at this point it sounds like there's no way you're getting the cage. Anyone have Lennox Lewis' phone number? Maybe he can pay a visit over there since he's not doing anything nowadays lol

Old 09-25-2009, 03:44 AM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Wow, this is really surprising. Not too long ago, people were oogling all over his sequential shifter. Why is Pistonheads deleting the threads? If he's a sponsor over there, shouldn't they have a responsibility to suspend his sponsorship or at least try to have him make things right with the forum members? I understand he pays money to sponsor, but having a forum sponsored by crooks reflects poorly on their forum. Good luck on getting your money back since at this point it sounds like there's no way you're getting the cage. Anyone have Lennox Lewis' phone number? Maybe he can pay a visit over there since he's not doing anything nowadays lol
They have a no naming ,no shaming policy. Thread is up to a couple of pages and still going strong.
I agree with what you are saying - quite a lot of suggestions so far,so maybe it can go somewhere usefull.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:10 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
This forum allows it's sponsors to behave in the same manner. I was banned some years ago for a short period of time when I pointed out one of our current sponsors who ripped me off. It did not matter that I had proof from BBB or the AG from that companies state.

I do wish Mark the best of luck in getting either his money or parts. I ultimately got burned for 2K. Cavet Emptor!!

Old 09-25-2009, 04:52 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
OK, let's get serious...
I've been investigating this for a while.
Oakley Design owes me 3.000 GBP, and a friend 2.800 GBP for parts ordered, not delivered.
He got the reply that his order was not found due to "a missing laptop".
It is impossible to get in touch with anyone from Oakley. I have tried most emails and phones.

FACT 1:

TECH TUNING LTD trading as Okaley Design.

Jon Oakley is no longer a share holder.

Proof:
http://img6.imageshack.us/i/oakleyde...chtuningu.pdf/

Latest change 2009-05-29

Was Jon kicked out then? As I presume that was what the change was.

FACT 2:

It seems Michael Wilson (stand up guy as far as I'm aware) owns the rights to the websites as a private person. It should mean he could shut the websitets down, control emails etc. if he wanted. Correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.oakleydesign.co.uk/
http://www.oakleydesign.eu/

Domain name:
oakleydesign.co.uk
Registrant:
Michael Wilson
Registrant type:
UK Individual
Registrant's address:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service.
Registrar:
GX Networks Ltd t/a 123-Reg.co.uk [Tag = 123-REG]
URL: http://www.123-reg.co.uk
Relevant dates:
Registered on: 05-May-2008
Renewal date: 05-May-2010
Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.
Name servers:
ns.123-reg.co.uk
ns2.123-reg.co.uk
WHOIS lookup made at 15:51:19 22-Sep-2009

--------------------

Domain
Name oakleydesign.eu
Status REGISTERED (What this means)
Registered August 29, 2007
Last update August 29, 2007, 6:15 pm
Registrant
Name Wilson Michael
Organisation Michael Wilson
Language English
Address
Phone
Email
Registrant technical contacts
Name Ltd, GX Networks
Organisation GX Networks Ltd
Language English
Address

----------------------------------------

I honestly think Oakley Design is dead, gone as a company.
I hope I'm wrong but it seems Manthey was right after all...

There is (probably and unfortunately) more to come.
I'm trying to fit the puzzle together. If anyone has more information please contact me by pm.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:57 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
Not naming any company, but just say that someone in CT suggested that I do not purchase their sequential shifter because of "supply problems." I do not mean to be adding to the negativity, and hope that the OP can be helped by others in the community.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:36 AM
crazyfzr is on a distinguished road
This should be a sticky to warn other enthusiasts.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by Erik
It seems Michael Wilson (stand up guy as far as I'm aware) owns the rights to the websites as a private person. It should mean he could shut the websitets down, control emails etc. if he wanted. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Not stand up from where I'm sitting. The invoice I have from Oakley has the "Tech Tuning LTD" address and phone number at the bottom as contact info. I called a few weeks ago and left a vmail for someone. I received a call back from a Michael Wilson. He claimed he was not really involved with the company [Oakley] very much any more but had been an "investor" at some point. I explained to him my situation. He apologized and seemed sympathetic. He stated that he would contact someone at Oakley and get back to me the next day. The next day came and went. I called him back a few days later and left another vmail. Nobody has called me back since. If this Michael Wilson does own anything, he certainly did not imply that in our conversation. In fact, just the opposite. Perhaps his name was just used on their IP?

As far his name being on the domain, he technically can redirect the name server resolving the IP address to those domains you listed. The website would still be there but you wouldn't be able to access it by hostname, only by it's IP address if you knew what that was (it is 89.234.5.23 for oakleydesign.eu) . So yes the website technically would be offline to the world.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:51 AM
MariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the rough
feeling lucky that I got all the goods (last year) - which works great - still missing some clips for some turbo hoses, but really not that important - been promised so many times, and now they have stopped answering me (a few months back, tried numberous times after....)

Happy with the products, but would no doubt source them from others!!!

Old 09-25-2009, 09:56 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
This is really hammering home to me to never buy anything over the internet unless you use a credit card. Otherwise you can never get your money back if things go wrong. Bank transfers are very risky. Most credit cards your bank would refund the money to you...

Old 09-25-2009, 10:22 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Alex_997TT
This is really hammering home to me to never buy anything over the internet unless you use a credit card. Otherwise you can never get your money back if things go wrong. Bank transfers are very risky. Most credit cards your bank would refund the money to you...
Agreed +100. Never buy without CC. If they can't process then find another source. Especially in this economy - I know things are tough but there is nothing worse than a thief. If everything here is true than this guy (and others like him) are no better than some thug on the street sticking a gun in your face and taking your wallet.

Theres' some pretty cheap airfare out there - imagine the look on his face if you walked up to him and said i'm hear to collect my parts or my money.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:50 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I'd go even further Chris, Alex...Oakley Design was a relatively "new" company. I'd only purchase from someone established, and with a credit card (yes I did my conversion with a credit card lol.)

I live in a area where there are very few 911s, even fewer dealers, and when you say "tuner" your dealership points toward a piano gallery. With money being tight these days, even good businesses can come and go in a blink. Just look at ImagineAuto...and many of the wheel manufacturers...

I hope the OP gets some justice or refund for his ordeal. Good luck!

Old 09-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Oakley Design responds...

I sent yet another email (I had sent about a dozen in the last 2 months that have gone without a response) this morning to Oakley after being made aware of some relevant information by someone from another forum earlier today. It seems like Oakley is still conducting business. In any case, this time I received an email response from Oakley's Technical Director an hour ago (I will refrain from posting the email at this time). They claim that the rollbar was sent weeks ago but that he will follow up with Jon on Monday and get back to me with more information. I will also refrain from sharing my thoughts regarding that claim at this time.

Until then...

Old 09-25-2009, 04:18 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
this shifter can be had from RSS, they did one not that long ago on a GT3.2 I saw at C&C, needless to say visit RSS if your in the market for this device vs. wiring and praying money overseas. Same goes for roll bars!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "Oakley Design" experience...please read!