997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Cab vs coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 04:17 PM
dksu has a spectacular aura aboutdksu has a spectacular aura about
Cab vs coupe

Is TT cab noticeably slower/heavier than coupe? I'm thinking of getting brand new 09 cab with tiptronic. Wrong thinking?

Old 10-07-2009, 04:47 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
it's what you truly want. It's only 150lbs heavier. I've always been a Cab guy so I got one. But I did get the 6-speed.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:56 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
I love my cab, nothing like driving with fast open air all around you, plus you can't hear the wife yell "slow down!"

Old 10-07-2009, 05:39 PM
shawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really nice
I can tell you that as a '09 Turbo Cab Tip owner, it's just as fast as the coupe. Any difference to the extra weight of 150lbs would be hardly discernable!

Old 10-07-2009, 06:28 PM
dksu has a spectacular aura aboutdksu has a spectacular aura about
Do you normally drive your Tip in auto mode or manual mode? Is the manual mode pretty quick in shifting. Does it feel somewhat like sequential gearboxes on bmw during manual shifting?

Old 10-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
The tip will, if you are into this sort of thing, beat almost any manual car light to light, and almost any tuned 6 speed car light to light with the right mods.

Either way, you will not go wrong!

Old 10-07-2009, 09:03 PM
wallmon is on a distinguished road
I love my Cab. A top when you want it and none when you don't. I live in the desert and it's great for those evening drives after the sun has set. now that fall is here, the top's down all the time. What could be better. Maybe it's watching that slick top go up and down.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:00 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Personal taste -
1) street cruizer with some power and luxury -cab
2) structural benefits = coupe

I prefer a coupe . The cab's top up visibility , acoustics, potentail for leak , and compromised performance are just one collective group of reasons .

Even if I ignore all of the above .. I just find no appeal in top down driving . The idea of wind and road filth blowing all over my car's cabin as well as myself just don't have any appeal to me. To give up all of the above plus this makes it a dealbreaker for me .

Others love it though . and that's what great about these cars is that the models and styles offer enough variety to capture the hearts of those who choose differently.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:32 AM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
i went coupe for a DD in new england

it is all personal preference, important to get what you want

Old 10-08-2009, 07:05 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Get the convertible and if you think is slower modify it as i did. If you want a good track car get a gt3

Old 10-08-2009, 07:11 AM
RAY in Pa. is on a distinguished road
If you're going to track it, coupe. If not, there's no reason to drive with the top up. It's too easy to lower the top.(even @ 30 mph.). If you're worried about the 150 lbs. leave you wife @ home!

Old 10-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
According to Porsche, the tip is actually faster then the manual. As far as coupe vs cab.....it's a personal thing. If I lived in Hawaii....I'd be all over the cab.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:30 PM
wallmon is on a distinguished road
Hot chicks dig the Cab That should finish this discussion off

Old 10-08-2009, 12:45 PM
SVTHorsnake will become famous soon enoughSVTHorsnake will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by wallmon
Hot chicks dig the Cab That should finish this discussion off
+1 for Hawaii, but I live it Utah, so when a girl gets in, the first thing she looks for is a seat heater button. Although my Mom drives a C2 cab year round and loves it.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:16 PM
997.1 is on a distinguished road
im from hawaii. I still like the coupe =D

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cab vs coupe