997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

FVD Brombacher – 997TT tuning - Do it yourself flash / incl. Diagnostic software

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 12:28 PM
zooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant future
Rhonda,

Sorry for bumping a relatively old thread, but will the dealer notice that you mingled with the software of the car even if you go back to the stock tune? Let's say before you bring the car into it's service. Or is it possible for them not to notice and somehow trick them into NOT voiding the warranty? I would LOVE to get a flash!

Thanks,
Yannick

Old 02-10-2010, 09:57 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I just had mine in for service, they didn't say a peep about the flash. They scanned it, did the 50k svc, and repaired a few warranty items.
That being said, I'm sure the dealer can detect any flash that you do to these cars without difficulty. I would wait until your warranty is over, I think it's only 2 yrs in Europe anyway.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:53 PM
NWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond repute
Fvd ecu

This is what I was told by Rhonda at FVD, quote:

"Thanks for your interest in us. Hopefully this info will help. Dealers cannot detect our software on their PIWIS (PST3) tester. There are 3 things that they look for.

1. Check Sum - Ours is always equivalent to what the car left the factory with.

2. Number of programming operations - Cars leave the factory with a 0 or a 1. This is the number of software program updates that the car has received. Our software does not change this number. Many other tuners don't go to this length (it is very, very difficult for this number not to be logged) and dealers will see a 2 or sometimes even a 3. This will be apparent right away to a dealer.

3. Sector of the DME (ECU) where the program resides - Many tuners store their files in a seperate sector of the DME so that it is not overwritten when porsche updates the software at regular service intervals. Our program resides in the factory location for 2 reasons, 1 it can't be detected and 2 factory software updates are important. Although our file will be overwritten we can just email you an updated file.

Now having said that there is a caveat, if a car goes into warranty all of the programming is downloaded and looked at. There is a number in the coding, a signature if you will that no tuner on earth can get around. No matter what they tell you. If they catch that code, 95% of the time they don't even look at it, they can void your warranty. However going to a tuning friendly dealer is your best bet. By the way many dealers say that they will warranty their brand of software, this is simply not the case. Call Porsche North America and ask them. No dealer is allowed to do this. So in closing, we have been tuning these cars for the last 25 years in germany. We work hand in hand with Bosch & Siemens to keep our software in Porsche tolerance. It is one thing to extract power, most tuners just take of safety features and boost these cars into oblivion. It is another to tune these cars within tolerance and do this will all of the engine management safety features intact. Whatever you do, make sure you do your homework. This is a very important decision. "

I feel pretty comfortable going with FVD now.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:27 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
very nice product

Old 02-11-2010, 12:01 PM
cabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud of
I wanted to flash my turbo and vetted all the retailers, made calls and checked internet sites and decided to go with Rhonda at FVD.
Rhonda and her coworkers including ***** Brombacher are the very cordial and professional.

Rhonda spent a lot of time on my emails and on phone calls with me explaining her product. She said if I drove down to S. Florida to their shop they would walk me through the entire process and make sure I could use the durametric cable, change programs (back to the original) if needed and just have some knowledge about the software and reading from the ECU.

It was a great time driving to Deerfield Beach (200 miles) and meeting the staff at Brombacher including the owner *****. They took my car into the shop immediately and started the work explaining to me each process.
After finishing (one hour) the mechanic took me on his testdrive on a back safe road and my car was so fast I lost a few beats in my heart. He got this car up to 110 + mph in what seemed like seconds. I was amazed at this new founded power.

I have had the flash now since November and I have nothing but positive things to say about the newly found power. This very fast stock car is now so much more spirited. I have had NO CELs or any problems so far. I called a friend who happens to work at the Porsche Dealer ship and told him what I did and he said unless there is a major engine problem due to the re flashing Porsche will not even delve into whether the car was flashed. This car is a tank as were my other Porsches so I dont expect any anamolies engine wise.

It is just a matter of time that I will be back to FVD getting a nice exhaust installed on the turbo. They showed me some great products when I was there.

I am sure the other products on the market are good too but I have faith in the FVD program and as Rhonda said they are very conservative in their approach and will not give you a product that will overtax the engine.

Thanks for your patience Rhonda. I will be in touch with you soon about the next upgrade!!

Cabman

Old 02-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Zooyorker, Please take a look at what NWturbo posted as that should explain exactly what a dealer will and won't see. But I would speak to FVD Switzerland about the details. Here is their contact information:

FVD Switzerland
Erlistrasse 1
6417 Sattel, Switzerland

Phone 041-836-0150
Fax: 041-836-0151
E-Mail: info@fvdschweiz.ch
www.fvdschweiz.ch

By the way their pricing will be different of course, here is a link to their swiss site...

NWturbo,
Thanks for posting that.Hopefully that will clarify alot of software details for those who are interested.

Cabman4007, Your most welcome and I am thrilled that you are happy with the product! Just let me know whenever your ready for an exhaust.

Thanks!
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 02-11-2010, 10:35 PM
NWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond repute
No problem Rhonda

My pleasure. Your explanation set me at ease, and so, I bought Sayegh87's unused FVD software. Hopefully, the uploading etc will go without a hitch, as we were assured by "Flow" that it would all work fine on my car.

I agree with your company's philosphy: Safe power, not crazy power.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:56 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
It will only work with FVD Software.

Thanks,
Rhonda
Protomotive offeres same cable in cost price for people who already have Protomotive tuned ECU

Old 02-14-2010, 11:02 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
You won't be sorry with FVD, the customer service is second to none.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:42 PM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
You won't be sorry with FVD, the customer service is second to none.

tt surgeon,

do you have fvd flash, if so how is it in the sport mode is there increase in boost on top of the flash.

thanks
Ronnie

Old 02-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Yes I do, there is a increase in boost in sport mode, it hits 1.3 bar like nothing.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:28 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Just saw this thread Rhonda. VERY Nice. Sure would like to see this in the PanaTurbo. With 50 plus HP.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
Just saw this thread Rhonda. VERY Nice. Sure would like to see this in the PanaTurbo. With 50 plus HP.
cc08gt2,

I would love to see it too, the PanaTurbo is like breaking into Ft. Knox... breaking in can be done but once your in all hell breaks loose and there is no getting out. In all seriousness the guy's have been working on it for MONTH'S now but are not satisfied with the results. May be a sign of things to come...

Thanks,
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 02-18-2010, 01:13 PM
tclayj is on a distinguished road
1.3 bar

I am running APR with the awesome new FVD exhaust/200 cat. I can only pull 1.0 BAR. 0.3 bar increase is abt. 33%. Considering driving to Deerfield. Question- would it be worth it?

Rhonda- love the new exhaust.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Premium Sponsor
Tclayj, So glad you are enjoying the latest version of our 997TT exhaust. I am anxious to hear how much more aggressive it is now. When you get a chance please send a video. In regards to the software, we just send you a cable that is USB to OBD2 and the process is very, very simple. Not to mention the free diagnostic software that you get with it.

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FVD Brombacher – 997TT tuning - Do it yourself flash / incl. Diagnostic software