997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport
View Poll Results: Hot? Or Not?
HOT! Woo-hoo!
40.00%
NOT! Ugh, My Eyes!
60.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Unique Color Combo- Hot? Or Not?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 08:09 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Unique Color Combo- Hot? Or Not?

Macadamia w/ Natural Brown Interior. Black center-locks. Black "Turbo" stripe. Wing mirror in Alu look.

Just playing the design game and this is the result. Pretty unique look and one I have certainly never seen before...

Step up! Speak your mind!

Attached Images    
Old 11-29-2009, 08:22 AM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
i like it, but then again i'm a fan of understated looks in hot cars...in a couple of years, you can sell it to me used when you are tired of it and want to go back to guard's red!!!

Old 11-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Swoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really nice
I think it is a very "under the radar" color. Very rich looking but IMO a little understated for the sporting character of this car.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:29 AM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Could be a sophisticated powerhouse, but I'm not feeling the turbo stripe.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:52 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PT Doc
Could be a sophisticated powerhouse, but I'm not feeling the turbo stripe.
Stripe was the one element I really struggled with. On the one hand it ties the wheels together nicely and adds a further contrast to the yellow calipers.

On the other hand...it does add the one piece of boy-racer look and takes away a bit from the sophistication look.

The only "tattoo" on an otherwise clean body if you will.

Point noted and understood

Stripe-less pic attached:

Attached Images  

Last edited by sayboy; 11-29-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:37 PM
notgood is on a distinguished road
I like the color, but don't like the idea of the stripe. Honestly, I don't think you'd really see it though. Also, for as much as I love black wheels, they seem somewhat out of place with the light interior. A darker interior completely changes the feel of the car to me - I think it becomes less sporty.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:39 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Much better without the stripe-the rest is up for discussion.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:43 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Vote no to all of it. Brown exterior? Ick. Logo stripe only looks good on a GT3RS.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:48 PM
I don't know if I'd buy one but, I like the brown. I'm pretty much sick to death of silver and gray. It's nice to see something different.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:50 PM
I actually looked at the brown at one point but couldn't bring myself to buy brown with the yellow ceramics.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Banned
911Shark is on a distinguished road
Unique can go either way

Old 11-29-2009, 07:13 PM
thealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to all
Personally (how else would it be), I like it. i've always felt that fashion-wise you could do a brown pinstripe suit with a black shirt and tie and be fly as hell (and confusing everyone that ever thought you couldn't mix brown and black). My two cents: I'd ditch the stripe, have the model designation painted black, and black painted center console and interior plastic parts to really bring out the contrasting color scheme that you're going for. The thought being, combine brown and black on the outside, then combine it on the inside and tie it all together.

-Alex

Old 11-29-2009, 09:46 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
I like it because it's different. Silver and black are so overdone.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:48 PM
missmelva is an unknown quantity at this point
orange please

Old 11-30-2009, 03:44 AM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
not my thing...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Unique Color Combo- Hot? Or Not?