997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Made the decision, and bought a 2007 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 11:28 PM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for sharing your purchase and the pics are great. Like the wheel choice and your mods are a great bonus. Be nice to hear from you on your impressions as you get a chance to enjoy it!

Old 12-22-2009, 12:35 AM
erenyes is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by handdoc
is this the one in westwood at prime? if so the carfax said it had had an engine change under warranty...i purposely didnt look at it as a result and the sales people couldnt explain it...further info?
I have dealt with this dealer, and they have a tendancy to hide/leave out some minor important things about the vehicles there.....my issue with them was they lied to me about when a warranty would actually expire....

Old 12-22-2009, 06:14 AM
Tom_08977TT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Vaino
Well I have been lurching in these forum for a few months, and posted a number of questions, and I finally purchased the car I wanted. I was at a crossroads between the 997.1 GT3 (Which I have lusted after at the track seen I first saw it) and the TT. I've wanted a Turbo ever since I saw one back in '79 at the New York Autoshow. Loved the shape, raw nature of power and the bulging fenders. Years later I purchased the second car I always wanted, a 944 Turbo, and I have had her for the past ten years.
So, down the the matter at hand. I bought a 2007 997 TT, with 16K miles, CPO through 2012, Basalt Black with Black interior, sport chrono, adaptive sport seats, B16 Damptronics, H&R sways, AWE GEN2 Exhaust (Stock on her now), GIAC Chip (Stock DME installed for CPO), Champion RS98's with fresh PS2s, JoJack, K40, Satellite radio, AWE Aluminum pedals, etc. 2.5K miles on the aftermarket parts. Stock parts included in the deal (except the wheels). It was a Rennlister car, and was traded in on a new GT3. She is being delivered next week from up in the Boston Area down to NJ. I will post some good photo's of her once I get her home. Provided we don't get another Northeaster! Here are a couple from the dealer.

I had the suspension set to 15mm down from stock (was down 40mm), and ECLOU's alignment as part of the deal. Service history was excellent and very well maintained. Looking forward to having some clear weather to enjoy her! :jumper:

I'm hands on with the cars I own, so I look forward to the little tweaks in the months to come. I'll likely hardwire my V1 (Despite the K40, unless I find it unnecessary), re-install the AWE GEN2, after I get used to the car (Still not sure if the GEN2 is louder than the GEN1), etc.

Congrat man!! I just pick up a 2008 a few week ago. Black on black, 6 spd, one owner car with 6500 miles, 100% stock

All aftermarket add on is nice but you never know what the previous owner did with the car.

I love my 997 turbo

Old 12-22-2009, 05:14 PM
PAT J. is just really nicePAT J. is just really nicePAT J. is just really nicePAT J. is just really nice
welcome to the family. drive safe dude and enjoy the beast!!!

Old 12-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Vaino has a spectacular aura aboutVaino has a spectacular aura about
Just took delivery at home with the new beast. I'm smiling so hard, it hurts. Took it out for an hour long drive and she is cooling her jets in the garage. The B16 suspension and H&R bar are wonderful. Can't wait for a little warm weather to be able to explore the depth of the throttle a little without have her break loose so easily. 19 degrees and summer tires aren't a great combination.

Last edited by Vaino; 12-23-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:13 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
car looks great, love the wheels