997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Passport SRX radar install question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 08:53 AM
BarrettG is on a distinguished road
Passport SRX radar install question

Has anybody installed the Passport SRX radar system? If so where did the radar recevier get installed in the front of the car?
TIA
Barrett

Old 12-23-2009, 05:54 PM
t0pgear is just really nicet0pgear is just really nicet0pgear is just really nicet0pgear is just really nice
the system is a nice hidden system, but its overpriced and is old technology now. You are probably better off getting one of the new windshield mount ones and just doing a concealed install. Any quality shop could conceal it in a way that works best and yet cannot be seen (ie built into rearview mirror)

Old 12-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Passport install

I assume you are talking about the laser shifters being mounted under the turn signals. I was refering to the radar detecting unit, which doesn't need a clear un-obstructed view of the raod, just no metal (i beleive).

Old 12-24-2009, 01:42 PM
TurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond repute
On a 996 but you get the idea. This system along with a V1 has worked very well for me.

Attached Images  
Old 12-24-2009, 01:50 PM
It looks like you puchased just the laser shifters and are using it with a V1? The unit I purchased has both the radar detector, as well as, the laser jamer. I'm trying to determine where to install the radar detector unit. Anybody??

Old 12-24-2009, 02:10 PM
TurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond repute
I thought you were looking for the antenna location. I have both the lazar and radar. It's just the V1 way outperforms the radar part but wanted a lazar jammer as well. The control unit is mounted inside by the hvac controls. The display is mounted under the dash just above my right knee. The light is mounted in the flasher,

Attached Images   
Old 12-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Got it! Thanks for the pics. Have a great holiday.