997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

De-badging the Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 07:22 PM
DaveH is a jewel in the roughDaveH is a jewel in the roughDaveH is a jewel in the rough
There's two reasons to de-badge:
1. I want people to think my car is better than it is (a la BMW 316 or 318 circa 1980s)
2. I want to be modest (Usually a Deutsche trait)

Personally, I think badges are great.

What always gets my goat are dealer decals. Who would drive a car off a lot with a dealer name decal plastered on your new ride?

Old 12-30-2009, 07:33 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
keep it.....so there is no confusion.....lol

Old 12-31-2009, 12:46 AM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
5k for a badge...wise guys LOL...you know what I mean

Is there any thing wrong with pride in showmanship?
Is there any thing wrong with social and/or economic stature?

Is there any thing wrong with reward for a qualified rendered service?

What If Porsche wasn't a Porsche...? the word Turbo loses all association and meaning.. and the mystique that is the "badge" that brands classful names to certify its elite stature claim never existed?

Should we then consider not branding a prefix of Dr. or Ph.D scholar, a Sir or Lord, or a Maestro, or Lady, debutante of sort...all affixed titles to persons of stature..persons of achieved educational,occupational, political and/or social contribution?

Is it wrong to hold earnings to an elite status or hold the titles or symbols of such status in owning a reward of luxury?..A luxury that is branded an elite title symbolizing and exuding the best of its class for all..displayed and defined by the mere mention of its International recognized name..?
In its badge it shares with the world its heritage?

ALL of YOU and ME some how, in some way EARNED it...We earned the right to OWN and DRIVE a PORSCHE. A TURBO, my favourite automobile of all time, the car I've been dreaming to own since I was 5 years of age...

Would the value in owning of such a luxury be any different if it was so easily accessible by the mass mobs of the practical, the humble; or perhaps not hold the same self worth if commonly owned by the every day mundane mediocrity?

Would the same craftsmanship and pride of the thinking,creativity,passion and quality in manufacturing and more so our hard earned claim to OWNERSHIP of such a "masterwerk" be any different if it was face-less?

Brand-less?

The marque classifies a presteen and proud sense of title portraying all the traits of excellence, success through quality and hard work and serves as an aspiration for all those still in waiting. Still striving to achieve it.

Some still dreaming the 5 year old child's dream..with every badge that passes them.

Old 12-31-2009, 05:06 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
I understand when people debadge their M5's and E55's, if they want to be discrete and unnoticed, but come on if this is the case, you dont buy a Porsche. If you want to be discrete with a Porsche, buy a second car that isnt one. Debadging wont help + it looks horrible...

Old 12-31-2009, 07:47 PM
Former Vendor
RSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond repute
D-Badging since 1987

D-Badging since 1987. A heat gun is very helpful.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:37 PM
Banned
997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !
Dont forget some dental floss =) Between this and a heat gun, it'll make the removal a snap.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:49 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rennsport-1
Dont forget some dental floss =) Between this and a heat gun, it'll make the removal a snap.
And lets not forget about the Goo-Gone...

Old 12-31-2009, 09:17 PM
997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold
I am too much of a purist. The stock badge stays on!

Old 12-31-2009, 09:22 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Black badge it. More stealthy on a black car and keeps the logo

Old 01-01-2010, 01:40 PM
ZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really nice
I am ok with D badging the car, you know what your driving and that's all that matters. What drives me crazy is someone that tries to make there car out to be something it is not......Last week at the mall I saw a Mercedes S430 with V12 on the side and S600 on the back, sooo annoying.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:19 PM
ETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant future
Looks naked without it. Black on black emblem is my favorie

Old 01-01-2010, 05:04 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
+1 on the black emblem

Old 01-01-2010, 09:27 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Or you could get a different emblem...

Attached Images  
Old 01-01-2010, 10:18 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
I like the re-badge in a different color option offered by Eric@Bumperplugs.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:00 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Or you could get a different emblem...
AAAAhhhhhhhhh......a different emblem, maybe one day

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: De-badging the Turbo?