997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 turbo with RSR engine turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 09:46 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
typical german hospitality?did you have the same experience?
the good is only that they build strong engines in that tuning level.but they tell we ll send your car back in 2 months and finally the car comes after 7months.the boss build some extra ordinary engines and till that all are ok.but the young people who work there maybe do the rest job and problems start to appear..and from a good luck i didnt broke my engine 2 times in one week.the 1st a water colar opened with no secure clips and i lost all the water of the engine.the 2nd one fuel pump lost the pipe because of bad bad connection with silicon,and imagine i was driving with 2 bar turbo presure.
when i phoned to ask why this happened and what fuel pumps i need to buy they dont answer the phone when they hear my name.i know 3 clients friends with similar problems.
lots lots lots of complains on the same thing ...and lots of people stopped dealing with them for the same reasons u R mentioning ... any way
i hope u get ur car back and with a big smile on ur face and wish u gonna be happy of the result ... best of luck !! and drive it safe ..

Old 04-03-2010, 01:46 AM
chris7 9ff will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
lots lots lots of complains on the same thing ...and lots of people stopped dealing with them for the same reasons u R mentioning ... any way
i hope u get ur car back and with a big smile on ur face and wish u gonna be happy of the result ... best of luck !! and drive it safe ..
thank you.i received my car 3 weeks ago.all are ok now but i dont want to deal with them anymore. we have to open a topic with the complains we have for the tuners and to be careful to who we spend our money .
ps.a friend asked me how much i paid... almost 80,000 euro in less than a year to them.another friend spent 120000 euro
thank you everybody.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:38 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
any thing to keep the members in this forum in the safe side and Satisfied will be great !!!
glad to hear ur car is back u should post some videos and pix ..

Old 04-03-2010, 11:02 AM
greekm3 is on a distinguished road
congrats for your car...give us please some more info for your car...is your car 3.8ltr or 3.6ltr?...you said that you dont have variocam...so,from that i suppose you have completely different camshafts also...how that work with a daily drive car?...do you have the the carbon intake manifolds?...and what heads are you running..i suppose from "cup" car and not from RSR..as i know the different and the difficulty with this......
and a last question ...what intercooler are you using for a car with 1000hp?not too much space back there..
please post some pics ofengine...your car sound very intresting....enjoy it and drve safe

Old 04-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by chris7 9ff
thank you.i received my car 3 weeks ago.all are ok now but i dont want to deal with them anymore. we have to open a topic with the complains we have for the tuners and to be careful to who we spend our money .
ps.a friend asked me how much i paid... almost 80,000 euro in less than a year to them.another friend spent 120000 euro
thank you everybody.
80,000euro sounds normal for a german tuner....ruf has the 685bhp kit for around the same money....in this price is suspension included?

Old 04-03-2010, 12:14 PM
for the car they keep secret some details.heads and engine is rsr we can run 9000 rpms for safety i keep it 8450.its engine 3,8 probably but they dont give details.i asked them a drag race car for 1/4 mile and we studied much the gear ratio.they suggested rsr engine from porsche motorsport.the car is ok for town if you can accept that has 1600-1700rpms neutral
camshafts no information from the company they told me special order and very wild.i beleive they ar good for middle high rpms.i have at 1,8bar 900whp at 7800rpms and the best torque about 6900rpm.the only thing i like is that i can run 2 bar and this is fantastic with tial 3076. next week ill post for you video and pictures i hope you like it.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:21 PM
about intercooler i have evoms and i am very satisfied.of course i have water injection system for this.also dont beleive always what they ask for a kit .you can discuss the prices with most companies in europe.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:38 PM
for the car they keep secret some details.heads and engine is rsr we can run 9000 rpms for safety i keep it 8450.its engine 3,8 probably but they dont give details.i asked them a drag race car for 1/4 mile and we studied much the gear ratio.they suggested rsr engine from porsche motorsport.the car is ok for town if you can accept that has 1600-1700rpms neutral
camshafts no information from the company they told me special order and very wild.i beleive they ar good for middle high rpms.i have at 1,8bar 900whp at 7800rpms and the best torque about 6900rpm.the only thing i like is that i can run 2 bar and this is fantastic with tial 3076. next week ill post for you video and pictures i hope you like it.
thanks for the info...what is your torque at 6900rpm?...i have see in germany some 997TT with more than 1000Nm and had problem with front diff....so they kept the torque in a bit lower ...
you asked a car for drag 1/4mile????...why you didnt fit a sequential gearbox?
i am waiting for your videos,..we have the same friends in greece,like george "yellowbird"...again congrats for your car.
P.S what suspension do you have?

Old 04-03-2010, 12:51 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
How can they keep secret from you what they have used on your car? This sounds funny to me. So you don't know the displacement of your car?

Or even worse you didn't know from the beginning what was going to happend to your engine?

Old 04-03-2010, 01:08 PM
tourque is 920nm at wheels.at mustung dyno.suspension bilstein the usual we do for upgrade..about diff i ve changed both with gt1 diff.no problems till now
they keep secret some specs because if you have problem you have to go again to the company.for me this is not so bad to dont know exactly the camshafts specs if i trust my tuner.
the bad is that after payment they dont answer on phone and avoid to speak.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:51 AM
the bad is that after payment they dont answer on phone and avoid to speak.
that is really bad..i can imagine how you feel...i wouldnt trust someone who dosent answer to my calls...especially if i had pay 80k...anyway,your car is ok now and that is the point..
i would love to see your car compare it to mine.......just to see what they done to my car...

Old 04-04-2010, 03:26 AM
Yes anytime you want..will you come in athens soon? i ll have and camera inside to show to the others the result.it will be great.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:29 AM
Yes anytime you want..will you come in athens soon? i ll have and camera inside to show to the others the result.it will be great.
that will be great..my car will be ready in 30-40days...i am in athens quite offen...so,i will send you a pm...till then drive safe

Old 04-04-2010, 04:03 AM
WhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to behold
greekm3,

Can you give us some details about your car?

Thanks

Old 04-04-2010, 10:32 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
kamia foto na doume kai emeis ?? xristos anesti mages!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 turbo with RSR engine turbo