997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

100-200 km/h times: Stock_vs_Modified

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 02:20 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Neil, i'm still waiting for an offer for the Y-pipe. You should start selling it out of your package

Old 04-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
I would Milou, but then you have guys with our Y-Pipe with our name on it, and it looks like they are running one of our packages, if that car doesn't run correctly, it looks bad on us. Not saying yours will not, but it is a general theory and a possibility. Nothing personal.

Maybe we will come out with a more public version of it, but until then, it is a highly exclusive element to our packages.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:55 AM
997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
Many modded VTG's ran 2.9-3.0sec and 0-200kmh under 9sec
Yup I did many runs under 3 with moded VGTs

Old 04-28-2010, 02:56 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
I did several runs of 0-200 under 9sec...With stock VTGs...

Old 04-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Tides is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up You continue to impress us !!

Good job Skandalis - You seem to be consistently showing us great results from just a flash. Do you know what 'extras' the remus exhaust is giving you. You seem to be the only 6speeder willing to publish actual APR flash results for the 997tt. Correct me if I am wrong !

I hope sponsor GMP can up with some local APR flash results on USA 93 oct so we can stop questioning the authenticity of your cars performance. I have yet to see an actual APR dyno that mirrors the one depicted on their web site showing great curves for both torque and hp on an otherwise stock car.

Last edited by Tides; 04-28-2010 at 08:57 AM. Reason: spelling - oops !!
Old 04-28-2010, 03:54 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Thank you for your good words...i really do not know whether there is another 997TT with APR software around the forum...However APR dealer of Greece can verify that my car was bone stock before the addition of the software and then Remus and Fabspeed intake...Last Saturday I was in his store and we installed a valet program as well...

Old 04-28-2010, 05:13 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tides
Good job Skandalis - You seem to be consistently showing us great results from just a flash. Do you know what 'extras' the remus exhaust is giving you. You seem to be the only 6speeder willing to publish actual APR flash results for the 997tt. Correct me if I am wrong !

I hope sponsor GMP can up with some local APR flash results on USA 93 oct so we can stop questioning the authenticity of your cars performance. I have yet to see an actual APR dyno that mirrors the one depicted on their web site showing great curves for both torque and hp on an otherwise stock car.

Tides,

I have a handful of turbos that would be willing to loan me their cars for any test we need because they truly love the performance it gives them.

Let me know what tests you would like us to run besides a dyno. I have to do some searching for an AWD dyno that will work with the 911

Old 04-29-2010, 10:16 AM
APR still needs ratifying

Hi Matt - thanks for chipping in. It seems that just about any ECU flash for the 997tt is going to be very noticeable. I am a current candidate for an ECU flash, and I am trying to compare apples to apples, but it is difficult.

The common demoninator for comparing flashes falls to the dyno. Even if interpretation can get a little creative at times, it does allow the punter to put his own accent on the results. After all the middle parts of the graph are just as important as the peak results.

Getting some 0-60 and 60-120 times from your past flashed stock cars would certainly help.

APR appears to give good broad results on a stock only car, and that appeals to me, but to date there appears to be no
independent ratification to support the graph that is shown on the APR website.

Seemingly your only and best PR for APR is Skandalis, and I am sure that even he would welcome some independent colloboration so that he can stop getting upset when someone questions him !!

Last edited by Tides; 04-29-2010 at 10:22 AM. Reason: addition
Old 04-29-2010, 10:28 AM
APR still needs ratifying

Hi Matt - thanks for chipping in. It seems that just about any ECU flash for the 997tt is going to be very noticeable. I am a current candidate for an ECU flash, and I am trying to compare apples to apples, but it is difficult.

The common demoninator for comparing flashes falls to the dyno. Even if interpretation can get a little creative at times, it does allow the punter to put his own accent on the results. After all the middle parts of the graph are just as important as the peak results.

APR appears to give good broad results on a stock only car, and that appeals to me, but to date there appears to be no

Seemingly your only and best PR for APR is Skandalis, and I am sure that even he would welcome some independent colloboration so that he can stop getting upset when someone questions him !!

Old 04-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Can somebody inform me whether tip cars can be measured?and if so at what dynos?

Old 04-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tides

Tides, Good afternoon

We are very busy this week with our trackday tomorrow and open house saturday but I came across your response the 6speed was kind enough to email me ( i love this feature ) while I was eating my wonderful Gyro

You hit the nail on the head. Even dyno results can be modified. All I can say is this. And keep in mind I will gladly put this in writing on your invoice.

If I can offer you a risk free 30 day trial of APR software. I will even pay the shipping of our wireless netbook to and back to GMP. Of course you will have to pay for the software up front. But you will have 30 days to try the software. With this software you will get all the programs necessary to perform whatever tests you would like to perform.

You get:
(choose 4 out of 5 maps below)
Stock
Valet

Then for an added bonus:

(you get all 4)

Fault Code Erase
Throttle Body Alignment
Security
Anti-theft

Try every program unlimited driving time and unlimited mileage for 30 days.

If you are satisfied with the results (which I'm sure you will) keep it.

If your not I will give you your money no questions asked. Just reflash your car back to stock.

Everything is done by the OBDII port. Leave the ECU in the car don't have to mess with it. APR's direct port programming will walk you through every step of the way. Its so easy a 5th grade can do it lol. But I will of course be willing to walk you through it step by step over the phone as well.

I honestly think after driving several other cars with different software that its the best. And I do sell the other brands as well. APR has been working with the same ECU that's in your car for the past 6-8 years or so. No one has flashed more VW or Audi cars than APR. No one else staffs a team of engineers to develop all their software and hardware all in house and also manages 4 race teams where they are constantly recording information about what's going on with the car at all times.

Let me know what you think as its going to take me sometime to find a place to dyno the car, and find a place where I can do some trap times.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:15 AM
tclayj is on a distinguished road
Apr ratification

I'll be in Savannah GA at The Dark Side DE this weekend. I plan on replacing the tires and a dyno of my car when I return. I am running a APR tune with FVD 200 cat exhaust and will post my results soon.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Tides,try the software...you will love it...
Matthew,when you say gyro,you mean gyro pita?

Old 04-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Hi Matt - If Skandalis is your best PR, then surely I must be your best lobbyist for APR Thanks for the offers.

There is a certain amount of satisfaction in selecting what you think is right for you. Part of that satisfaction comes from understanding the product and making a judgement call on the information given. I am pretty sure that I would be impressed with any of the flashes out there, including APR, but thats too easy ! APR appeals to me for a number of reasons, so that is why I appear to push for more info to collaborate what is being claimed. This is for the benefit of everyone on 6speed including yourselves.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Here,in Greece we have raced my present car with every other 997TT 1st stage...(software+air filter+exhaust)and it was faster by far...We even raced it with cars that had modified VTGs...and still APR was slightly faster...That was the reason i bought it...I wanted the fastest 997TT in its class...imagine i bought it with the software...Previous owner installed it...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 100-200 km/h times: Stock_vs_Modified