997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Brake pads with less brake dust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 10:53 AM
cooperlee is infamous around these parts
Brake pads with less brake dust?

I was wondering if there are aftermarket brake pads that generates less brake dusts versus the oem ones?

Old 05-19-2010, 11:22 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
I heard Hawk HPS pads generate less dust, but they only make pads for the front for our cars.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Showking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond repute
There is a company in California called Porterfield. They custom cut HPS pads for our car. I have them and they're sooooo much better, and I sent another member to them for the same thing. There number is 949-548-4470. Tell them Showking sent you and they'll take care of you.

-Showking

Old 05-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
I just put porterfields on my car. So far so good.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:13 AM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
So since they have to custom cut them, are they crazy price?

Old 05-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Showking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by meaker
So since they have to custom cut them, are they crazy price?
Not at all... In fact, I was really surprised when they quoted me the price over the phone. Honestly, they're not that expensive at all... Still a hell of a lot cheaper than most of the aftermarket pads I've seen. Give 'em a call, mention my name and they'll give you my price.

-Showking

Old 05-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
I got some shoot me an email.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:06 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
I was looking at my wheels the other day and thought "pfft, what's the big deal there's hardly any dust". Then I wiped it with my finger. The grey finish on my oem rims really does a good job of hiding the brake dust!!! Guess it wouldn't look so good on shiny aftermarket rims.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by The Bogg
I was looking at my wheels the other day and thought "pfft, what's the big deal there's hardly any dust". Then I wiped it with my finger. The grey finish on my oem rims really does a good job of hiding the brake dust!!! Guess it wouldn't look so good on shiny aftermarket rims.
Oh believe you me, it's horrible with the factory pads and aftermarket wheels. Put it this way... My car is never dirty, no rain, waxed like 4 times a week, you know the drill, and I found myself cleaning them off after every short drive. You go through the trouble of buying $8500 wheels and then instead of looking at your nice new wheels you get to look at a nice fluffy orange-brown-ish coating of dust all the damn time. Terrible. Porsche should really do something about it. Yes, they offer PCCB's, but there is no reason the steel brakes have to have that much dust. Plenty of companies changed their pads.. Mercedes finally changed up. The new models have zero dust. E-550 coupe- none. Oh well, I'm just glad it's over! lol Reminiscing about them is making me sick. lol..

-Showking

Old 05-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Former Vendor
Gary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Showking
There is a company in California called Porterfield. They custom cut HPS pads for our car. I have them and they're sooooo much better, and I sent another member to them for the same thing. There number is 949-548-4470. Tell them Showking sent you and they'll take care of you.

-Showking
How are these in terms of noise and braking performance?

Old 05-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by Gary@G Rides
How are these in terms of noise and braking performance?
So far, they feel the same in terms of stopping power. I trust HPS, I've used them on other cars and never had a problem as far as longevity, noise, or dust. And I haven't heard anything so far... I hate noise almost as much as I hate dust, and they've been quiet so far. Just make sure you get HPS and not HP-plus. Those are noisy as f*ck. lol

-Showking

Old 05-20-2010, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor
Gary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Showking
So far, they feel the same in terms of stopping power. I trust HPS, I've used them on other cars and never had a problem as far as longevity, noise, or dust. And I haven't heard anything so far... I hate noise almost as much as I hate dust, and they've been quiet so far. Just make sure you get HPS and not HP-plus. Those are noisy as f*ck. lol

-Showking

Thank you for the feedback Showking. We just put some custom cut Performance Friction 97 Compound pads on a 997 Turbo Yesterday, for a track event at Buttonwillow tomorrow. They are noisy and very dusty but they do bite well. Been looking for a good street option other than the stock pads, so thank you again for the tip, appreciate that.

Edit, gave you a rep.

Last edited by Gary@G Rides; 05-20-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Gary@G Rides
Thank you for the feedback Showking. We just put some custom cut Performance Friction 97 Compound pads on a 997 Turbo Yesterday, for a track event at Buttonwillow tomorrow. They are noisy and very dusty but they do bite well. Been looking for a good street option other than the stock pads, so thank you again for the tip, appreciate that.

Edit, gave you a rep.
Anytime brother, thank you.

-Showking

Old 05-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Venom is infamous around these parts
As Showking says, call Porterfield in CA. They also made me a custom set of the Hawk HPS pads. Price was really no different than pads off the shelf.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:28 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Would brake dust be responsible for a little squealing when you're just about at a full stop (i.e. not the whole time braking, just at the end when you're almost stopped)? Damn, nothing like drawing negative attention to a hot p-car than pulling up to the light and having a little squeal like a jalopy.

I handwashed my car for the first time in my driveway (embarrassed to say I took it to the touchless until now, which did a decent job but water came in the passenger quarter window so that won't happen again too often) and couldn't believe the 4 patches of brake dust that were left on my driveway. Wife will kill me when she sees it since we just had it sanded and sealed!!!!!

Last edited by The Bogg; 06-01-2010 at 02:31 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Brake pads with less brake dust?