997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

RotTec... Gotta Love It!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 08:44 AM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
I agree with the OP - I have purchased a set of mirror housings and IC intake splitters from Ray at RoTtec and everything about the transaction was smooth.

I had previously had in my hands a set of CF mirror housings from a different vendor and I compared them to Ray's and BY FAR, Ray's are superior.

In the other pair, the CF did not wrap around the edges - they stopped abruptly and had black paint covering the edges. The weave on Ray's is also even and straight - unlike the others. The finish it glossy and unblemished...

I'll be back to Ray for more items when I'm ready.

Post pics soon of the final installation - we need to see it all together.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:13 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
Do mind posting a couple close of shots of the dry carbon vs the glossy? Trying to decide which route to take. Also, those side skirts for the 997 are supposed to be ready by March... are they available yet?
We're dealing with some fitment issue with our GT2 sideskirts, need to make sure it fit well before release on market. Need to update our website

Here are pics of our glossy and dry CF roof spoiler place side by side.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:17 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Ray
We're dealing with some fitment issue with our GT2 sideskirts, need to make sure it fit well before release on market. Need to update our website
Thanks! Does the dry CF has a smooth finish to it? I can't really tell... does it hold up as well as the glossy? Any pro's/cons to either? They both look great. It looks like the dry might get a lot of "prints" on it... is it harder to keep looking clean?

I'll be ordering at least something soon to check it out!

Last edited by DrVolkl; 05-28-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by omarv6
I am looking for some EOM carbon parts also but i need the best qualty around .
how is the fitment ? do you have any pics ?

I have a 2008 997 turbo and need
- EOM carbon rear wing .
- EOM carbon mirrors .
- EOM carbon side ducts .
- EOM carbon front lip .

I live in Saudi Arabia . i have an address in the US , but i dont have pay pall , what other payment methods do thy have .

please post pics of your car .

Thanks

Omar
We can ship to anyway in the world. For payment method, we accept visa, master cards and paypal, what ever works for you!

We have CF mirror and CF OEM style rear spoiler instock. For CF side intake duct and front lip, we can always made to order! Below are some pics. I've PM you price quota!

Old 05-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by RiA
I agree with the OP - I have purchased a set of mirror housings and IC intake splitters from Ray at RoTtec and everything about the transaction was smooth.

I had previously had in my hands a set of CF mirror housings from a different vendor and I compared them to Ray's and BY FAR, Ray's are superior.

In the other pair, the CF did not wrap around the edges - they stopped abruptly and had black paint covering the edges. The weave on Ray's is also even and straight - unlike the others. The finish it glossy and unblemished...

I'll be back to Ray for more items when I'm ready.

Thanks Rich!! Post some pics of you TT!!

Old 05-28-2010, 12:21 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RiA
Will do for sure, but it'll be towards the end of June, as the items will be installed while I'm out of town during the third week of June.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:10 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
I'll post pics as I start adding this stuff. Thanks!

Old 05-28-2010, 05:19 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
I'll post pics as I start adding this stuff. Thanks!
Another one bites the dust

Seriously though, I think the CF stuff will contrast beautifully with the color of your car.

Try out one piece first and see how you like it, before you go crazy with the spending...

Old 05-30-2010, 11:31 AM
omarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of lightomarv6 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Ray
We can ship to anyway in the world. For payment method, we accept visa, master cards and paypal, what ever works for you!

We have CF mirror and CF OEM style rear spoiler instock. For CF side intake duct and front lip, we can always made to order! Below are some pics. I've PM you price quota!

For a reason I cant PM anyone as i dont have 15 posts yet .
any how , saw your PM and i will go with the parts I asked for .
for the mirror is it easy to fix ?
I will contact you on email soon .

Thanks

Omar

Old 05-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Another one bites the dust

Seriously though, I think the CF stuff will contrast beautifully with the color of your car.

Try out one piece first and see how you like it, before you go crazy with the spending...
Yeah, the orange/black CF should look cool! I ordered the wing and mirror caps... then I'll do the GT2 sides and rear diffuser. I don't know about the lip, I need to see how much I smack it around first.

Then there's the interior!

Old 05-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Yeah, the orange/black CF should look cool! I ordered the wing and mirror caps... then I'll do the GT2 sides and rear diffuser. I don't know about the lip, I need to see how much I smack it around first.

Then there's the interior!
Congrats on your purchase. Post pix when you install.

About the front spoiler lip, I believe that ROTTEC makes the Techart style front spoiler lip (Ray please correct me if I'm wrong).
In this case, RSS manufacture a skid plate to fit beneath it for protecting the lip from dings. It sell for $95/-. Here's the link:
http://rss.rpmware.com/rss/rss_skid_.../i-301292.aspx

And then yes, the interior...
Fortunately for me, I won't need interior part because I specced mine with most of the factory aluminum and alu look trim parts.

Good luck.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:41 PM

About the front spoiler lip, I believe that ROTTEC makes the Techart style front spoiler lip (Ray please correct me if I'm wrong).
In this case, RSS manufacture a skid plate to fit beneath it for protecting the lip from dings. It sell for $95/-. Here's the link:

Fortunately for me, I won't need interior part because I specced mine with most of the factory aluminum and alu look trim parts.

Good luck.
Hey, thanks for the link. That will definitely come in handy, and if those things actually work, I won't be as scared to have all that CF hanging off the front of my car!

Here's my interior... I'm not sure what options this car has, but there is some aluminum on the interior. (This is my first p-car and I've only had it a few days). I was going to do the steering wheel and e-brake, then go from there...

Thoughts? Is that a standard 997 interior??

Old 05-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Ray
Former Vendor

Good luck.
Yes, our CF lip is very similar style to Techart type 1 front lip and we also have skid protection plates for our CF lips!

Old 05-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Hey, thanks for the link. That will definitely come in handy, and if those things actually work, I won't be as scared to have all that CF hanging off the front of my car!

Here's my interior... I'm not sure what options this car has, but there is some aluminum on the interior. (This is my first p-car and I've only had it a few days). I was going to do the steering wheel and e-brake, then go from there...

Thoughts? Is that a standard 997 interior??
From your pic, the only interior option I spot is sport chrono. There are lot you can do with your interior. Check with our web site to see what you like. Our CF interior parts are all base on OEM Porsche parts, so fitment will be perfect. Below are some pics of my customer's GT3RS with 40+ pc. ROTtec CF trims in. This will give you an idea if you want to go crazy with it!

http://www.rotteccarbon.com/interior_997.php

Old 05-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by omarv6
For a reason I cant PM anyone as i dont have 15 posts yet .
any how , saw your PM and i will go with the parts I asked for .
for the mirror is it easy to fix ?
I will contact you on email soon .

Thanks

Omar
You can email me at info@rotteccarbon.com to place your order!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RotTec... Gotta Love It!