997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Official APR Tuned 997TT FAQ Thread......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 08:33 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
How much difference does the 100 octane actually make? e.g. 50hp and 50lb/ft tq or what? I know the exhaust is only good for about 20hp. In the dyno pic on page 1 of this thread the stock file plus Tubi with 100 octane gets 500ish whp. From what I've seen the bone stock car gets something like 420whp. So if the 100 octane is making the huge difference in hp/tq then that needs to be factored in. If 100 octane doesn't make that much difference then either you have a "ringer" of a car or there's a little bs-ing going on.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:36 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dsswain
It is a rendition for marketing purposes, and they are estimating crank hp. Lets assume the dyno posted on the first page is a happy dyno and WHP is closer to crank hp. Stock the car did 500crank hp, which is believable with the bolt on's and 100oct, and about 475 crank tq.
Unless I'm misunderstanding, the dyno in that post says wheel hp and tq

Old 06-25-2010, 09:02 PM
dsswain is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Unless I'm misunderstanding, the dyno in that post says wheel hp and tq
It does, but dyno's are calibrated differently via software. This one whp/wtq "appears" to be closer to actual crank hp/tq than the standard 15-20% driveline loss that alot of dyno's show. The delta's however are still very valuable. Same dyno, same conditions, same day. I just wouldn't appy any correction factor to get crank hp as it is a happy dyno.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:04 PM
scont07tt is on a distinguished road
this thread is getting painful

Old 06-25-2010, 09:07 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dsswain
It is a rendition for marketing purposes, and they are estimating crank hp. Lets assume the dyno posted on the first page is a happy dyno and WHP is closer to crank hp. Stock the car did 500crank hp, which is believable with the bolt on's and 100oct, and about 475 crank tq. These are in line with APR's rendition of a stock car. Now look at the peak hp of the dyno 638hp vs APR's claimed 610hp, ok not exact but close different dynos, car's, day's etc....now look at the tq. 689tq vs APR's claimed 698tq, this is close enough in my book and the fact that it even comes close to backing up the claim is amazing. What this proves is the baseline hp to chipped hp gains on 100 oct are in line and support APR's claims.

Now take a look at the curves. Given APR's is a rendition and on 93 you can assume the boost profile on 100oct will be slightly different but follow the same logic. You see the same huge tq spike and fall. You also see the peak HP earlier in the rpm range and then starting to fall ever so slightly from 5,500 on. This is exactly where APR's takes a dip in their rendition.

93 oct is obviously a different animal, but I think this atleast backs up some of what APR has claimed on 100oct. And the claims on 100 are way more substantial than 93, so that's even more impressive. 700lbs on stock turbos with bolt ons an 100oct? That's nuts, but appears to have been backed up.

If you really want to compare tunes you need some tools, this is an example of what would help you out, but doesn't seem to be available for the 997tt. If you could get a log like this from APR and overlay it with another tune on a car with similar mods all your questions would be gone and the differences would be clear. APR wrote and delivered to the public the tool that pulled this data for the VW/Audi community. A member then built a template to drop the data and make these pretty charts, which were then adopted across the board by users. You all have to get your sh*t together and organize a quantitative way to measure performance other than 60-130 death pulls and

This is an B5RS4, one of a handful in the USA
http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4/msgs/11637.phtml
Do you actually believe the dyno posted on the first page is an accurate representation? The gain is over 200 ft/lbs of tq! Nobody has ever seen this with just a flash and exhaust. Even EPL questioned it. Also, why do you call 60-130 "death" pulls? Do you consider the Texas mile a "death" run?

Old 06-25-2010, 09:18 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by scont07tt
this thread is getting painful
I won't disagree with you there. The moderators could close it due to mental anquish before GMP posts some actual Pbox times.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:27 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTdude
I won't disagree with you there. The moderators could close it due to mental anquish before GMP posts some actual Pbox times.
This is the most circular thread I have seen...we're back to talking about APR's original dyno.

Thread closed.

Matt...I'll reopen this thread to so you can post your data...please PM me when you have it.