997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

2007 Turbo Coupe for 88k - good deal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 09:08 PM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
Right. keep in mind YOUR TAILORED CONFIGURATION a factor may be harder to find in used purchases. So if the car is CPO'ed in (to coin the 80's) MINT condition.

It's not a bad deal to pay a little more for the chance of getting TAILORED what you want.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:13 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
yes, it's a good deal.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:50 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
Seems like a good deal to me especially with pccb's and only 5k mls. Maybe they can meet u in the middle for the CPO.

I just purch'd a CPO 07 6MT w/16k mls, adapt sport seats, lsd, sport chrono, heated seats, pk assist for $88.5.

GL

btw congrats Sonic, sounds like u got a helluva deal!!!

Old 06-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Seems like a good deal, especially if it has what you're looking for.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:17 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I would not buy a Tip . It's not about speed (they are quick) but in my opinion they are boring . Just knowing that both a manual and a PDK exist would be enough to erode the novelty before even paying for it.

When Porsche launched the 997.1tt there were numerous articles with the auto jornalists praising it's debatable but (claimed) faster time . Sales were high .. and the irony is Porsche replaced it. What a brilliant way to clear parts .

As for price .. it does not matter what they ask . It's what they get that counts.

I would not pay 88K. I would not even buy the car. I'd rather have the savings than that car.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:20 PM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SonicKrack
Scott in Ga,

Compare the car to the deal I closed on yesterday:

2007 997 turbo, 17k miles, tip, park assist, chrono plus, 9 more months of warranty for $78k. It does not have Ceramic brakes or adaptive seats, but for 10k less it was an awesome deal. Be patient and you will see great deals as soon as 2011s hit the US ports. By the way, that car at Hennessy has been on the market for 4 days, give them 2 weeks and it will be at $85k.

Congrats man, I hope you enjoy it. Is the interstate in Montana still pretty speeder friendly?
-Getz

Old 06-14-2010, 11:22 PM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I would not buy a Tip . It's not about speed (they are quick) but in my opinion they are boring . Just knowing that both a manual and a PDK exist would be enough to erode the novelty before even paying for it.

When Porsche launched the 997.1tt there were numerous articles with the auto jornalists praising it's debatable but (claimed) faster time . Sales were high .. and the irony is Porsche replaced it. What a brilliant way to clear parts .

As for price .. it does not matter what they ask . It's what they get that counts.

I would not pay 88K. I would not even buy the car. I'd rather have the savings than that car.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:31 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by getz
I don't "hate" the car . At 88K I would have to love the car though.
Given that there are so many Porsches to choose I don't feel that anyone ought to settle on a mediocre price , or a car where the same money has other choices. There are even other Turbos at that price . I'd rather have a PDK 997S . In fact a 2007 997S manual would cost him 58 instead of 88 and he'd have 30K in savings and a car which won't be as fast in a straight line but a lot more engaging to drive.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:53 PM
To the original poster -

I did get side tracked in thought but wanted to address the pricing question (if this car really is "the one"). Most on the thread commented that 88K was a bit high and I agree. It's not that it's so high going in which is of concern but rather the entire cost and what you will loose when you decide to sell it.

I feel the car is worth about 82K and with CPO .. 85. Is the 3-6K a huge deal? Nope.
BUT -- a few years from now when you go to sell it .. the CPO might be finished , and by then the PDK will reach an even greater level of sophistication , and the technology will be even better . Selling the car as a second owner with more miles, no warranty, dated technology, dated transmission .., adds up in dollars .

Part of me feels that the amount this car woild depreciate would be at or near the price of a new Turbo. That's my opinion .. just of the price.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:27 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Just to comment on earlier post that CPO is $2k - if you can get it for $2K this is a no brainer. I paid about $3k, inclusive of inspection cost etc.

Not to beat auto vs 6speed to death, isn't auto faster only if you brake launch the car??? Case in point, if you dont' come to full boost at the stop light for whatever reason (eg., light turned green sooner than expected) I wouldn't think auto would beat 6speed unless the other guy can't drive (i.e., myself )

Old 06-15-2010, 10:47 AM
don't "hate" the car . At 88K I would have to love the car though.
Given that there are so many Porsches to choose I don't feel that anyone ought to settle on a mediocre price , or a car where the same money has other choices. There are even other Turbos at that price . I'd rather have a PDK 997S . In fact a 2007 997S manual would cost him 58 instead of 88 and he'd have 30K in savings and a car which won't be as fast in a straight line but a lot more engaging to drive.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Why would you rather have a PDK C2S? That makes absolutely no sense. I could understand that you may like to row yer own, but the PDK does the same thing as an auto, just faster. The 997.1 Turbo is still waaaayyy faster, especially in daily driving. The 997.1 Turbo has already taken a huge hit of depreciation, and will likely still be worth 50s in the next 5 years, which means it takes about 30 grand worth of loss, where as a new turbo, especially when the next gen comes out (PDK or not) will take a major smashing. Most of these turbos going for 80s were well north of 140 grand new.
-Getz

Last edited by getz; 06-15-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:43 AM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sbkim
Not to beat auto vs 6speed to death, isn't auto faster only if you brake launch the car??? Case in point, if you dont' come to full boost at the stop light for whatever reason (eg., light turned green sooner than expected) I wouldn't think auto would beat 6speed unless the other guy can't drive (i.e., myself )
It's the momentary delay in releasing the clutch manually that would give the PDK the initial jump and then with every manual shift the PDK pulls further and further away.

The best drivers in the world aren't going to shift as quick as the PDK.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by getz
Why would you rather have a PDK C2S? That makes absolutely no sense. I could understand that you may like to row yer own, but the PDK does the same thing as an auto, just faster. The 997.1 Turbo is still waaaayyy faster, especially in daily driving. The 997.1 Turbo has already taken a huge hit of depreciation, and will likely still be worth 50s in the next 5 years, which means it takes about 30 grand worth of loss, where as a new turbo, especially when the next gen comes out (PDK or not) will take a major smashing. Most of these turbos going for 80s were well north of 140 grand new.
-Getz
The PDK is not "the same thing as an auto only faster" . It's is an extremely precise shifting mechnaism which can shif more efficiently than a manual which also happens to have a automatic feature.

In 2007 the Turbo Tip was a great car in THAT time but at 88K in current times it prices itself out of the market when weighed agaist other choices.

The 997S PDK is superior in the following --
1) Has the updated shifting ability.
2) is NEW --not CPO or used. No one else drove or sneezed in that car.
3) Has updated PCM.
4) Can have axle lock (Tiptronic can not).
5) May not be as fast in astraight line but has a more pure throttle respomse with the normally aspirated engine and in no way is the car a wimp . It's fast and without lag.
6) Has better ground clearance for street use even when lowered.
7) Holds value better . A three year old 997S has depreciated less thana three year Turbo Tip and in another three years that Tip Turbo will fall even further behind.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
The PDK is not "the same thing as an auto only faster" . It's is an extremely precise shifting mechnaism which can shif more efficiently than a manual which also happens to have a automatic feature.

In 2007 the Turbo Tip was a great car in THAT time but at 88K in current times it prices itself out of the market when weighed agaist other choices.

The 997S PDK is superior in the following --
1) Has the updated shifting ability.
2) is NEW --not CPO or used. No one else drove or sneezed in that car.
3) Has updated PCM.
4) Can have axle lock (Tiptronic can not).
5) May not be as fast in astraight line but has a more pure throttle respomse with the normally aspirated engine and in no way is the car a wimp . It's fast and without lag.
6) Has better ground clearance for street use even when lowered.
7) Holds value better . A three year old 997S has depreciated less thana three year Turbo Tip and in another three years that Tip Turbo will fall even further behind.

Your knock against the tip was that it reduces the level of engagement between driver and car no? The same should hold for pdk. The tip although "antiquated" will still shift more precisely than most 6-speeders when used in manual mode. You should hate the pdk equally.

Your argument for the C2S seems fairly odd, as the turbo car is waaay faster. Unless you plan on using launch mode every time you want to accelerate aggressively it feels rather anemic. Ground clearance..... I really could care less about that, and could argue that having the higher clearance would decrease its handling. Axle lock another whoopee moment for me, that will not change a thing for my driving habits (AWD is nice). And in regards to depreciation, they have been discounted 20 grand from factory when new... this will not translate well for resale. I would love to compare the percentage lost from sticker on resale between a 07 tip turbo (purchased in the 80s) to a 09 911 C2S with PDK (stickered new at 100k+) in three years. I am certain the C2S will have lost far more.
-Getz

Last edited by getz; 06-15-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:43 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Shifting faster means nothing unless the difference is measured in seconds. Here is a modififed GT-R shifting a lot faster than my 996 TT S Cab, had 100+ more HP and still my 6 speed beats him.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edi...t=%2Fmy_videos

Porsche tips are not my preference unless you have a lot of HP behind them (750+). Otherwise the car you profiled looks good, low miles, PCCB's and nice options. Stay away from the NA P-cars. Too slow.................

And the price looks good since I would not sell mine for under $88,000. If I did I would lose $80,000 from when I purchased it new in 2005.

Last edited by robertp; 06-15-2010 at 01:46 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 Turbo Coupe for 88k - good deal?