997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

2007 Turbo Coupe for 88k - good deal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 09:30 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I don't know how we became embroiled in the track discussion, but I agree every car has its place. You could get a lotus, a cup car, a motocross bike, or a Subaru, they all in their own right may be faster over certain tracks. The nurburgring is used by almost every major auto developer and is the benchmark for track testing. I understand that most tracks are short courses (my local one included) and are unlikely to let you stretch the legs of a 700hp engine, but that asided, the GT2RS will absolutely maul... MAUL a C2S around any track (assuming equal drivers).
Here's an opinion by a guy who drives all of thse cars a lot more than most of us . he shares why the normally aspirated car is the vehicle of choice on the track but also points at the particular strength of the Turbo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IimssB9B8ds

Old 06-17-2010, 01:34 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Here's an opinion by a guy who drives all of thse cars a lot more than most of us . he shares why the normally aspirated car is the vehicle of choice on the track but also points at the particular strength of the Turbo.

Well said...

Old 06-17-2010, 06:28 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute

great post Larry, you should just keep this and keep posting it whenver someone starts a thread like, "so which one is for me, turbo or GT3"

Old 06-17-2010, 11:23 AM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IimssB9B8ds

Rohl explained perfectly why I purchased a turbo over a GT3. I go to DEs maybe 2-3 times a year, and drive on open roads exclusively. I drive the 997.1 GT3 and it was too punishing for me over uneven surfaces that are common to rural washington state. That being said, the GT2RS is still the fastest production porsche around the ring.
-Getz

Old 06-17-2010, 11:30 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I think the important thing to remember if you have a track that is a 1st to 3rd gear track, turbos are not the best cars. If you are reaching and maintaining speeds of 130MPH the turbo is a better car than a CS or C4S. GT2/3 is always a better choice unless you have it set up for track use like Tom's Yellow 996TT.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:48 AM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
Somehow this spiraled of topic into a NA vs FI debate. To the op, the 997.1 Turbo is a very decent buy at the moment and should hold value well. Look at the prices of well cared for, middle of the road mileage 996 Turbos (which were much less loved), as many are still in the fifties. The 997s should hold value better than the 996s. If you feel PDK is worth the 50-60k premium, I would say go for it. I personally can think of better uses for the dough, and will pick one up on CPO in 3-4 years when the new model hits the road. Good luck with the hunt. As an aside, it took me 6 mos. to find my car and I had found 3 cars that were optioned with what I was looking for. I lost those while trying to haggle on price (bought out from under me). And these were the "undesirable tiptronic" models.
-Getz

Old 06-17-2010, 09:14 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JmanE55
Is it CPO? Here in SoCal, tips are a bit lower than 6spd in price.
Found that to be the opposite, I have been looking around a bit.

SoCal the Tips's seem to bring equal or even better money. Though it might be that tips are optioned out a little higher as a whole though.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:41 AM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Tips are more expensive no matter how we look at 997s...

Old 06-18-2010, 10:15 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by WearyMicrobe
Found that to be the opposite, I have been looking around a bit.

SoCal the Tips's seem to bring equal or even better money. Though it might be that tips are optioned out a little higher as a whole though.
So. Cal traffic, women drivers and buys that can't drive a 6 speed. All good. I would take a PDK paddle shifter over my 6 speed (BUT NOT A TIP).

Old 06-18-2010, 02:21 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Ajcut7
Get the tip, you can pay a little less AND go faster than either of these two clowns
so if the stick was faster you would call him a clown for wanting an auto?

Old 06-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by robertp
So. Cal traffic, women drivers and buys that can't drive a 6 speed. All good. I would take a PDK paddle shifter over my 6 speed (BUT NOT A TIP).

I can drive a stick, pretty well in fact. Been to plenty of DEs. But you know what, the tip works perfectly well, and I really feel as if I am losing very little for the gains in convenience. In fact, in certain instances the tip feels faster.....
-Getz

Old 06-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
What year did PDK come out on the 997TT?

Old 06-21-2010, 05:13 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vntperformance
what year did pdk come out on the 997tt?

Old 06-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bonehead
I hate to go off-topic, but were there any flaws/down sides to the 07 997TT in 6MT since it was a first production year?

Old 06-21-2010, 08:40 PM
L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robertp
O' no! I better get some implants and a skirt..sell the track car and hang up my helmet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 Turbo Coupe for 88k - good deal?