997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My New Switzer R911 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 07:22 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
My New Switzer R911 Turbo

New Pics on page 3 and 4 from 7.03.10

I have posted my journey from ownership of Sledgehammer to the amazing 911 Turbo 997.2 PDK back to this 997.1 with a full Switzer R911 package. Here are the latest pics of this bad boy and a dyno sheet of a previous R911 car tuned on race gas. Once Tym puts the pump gas tune on her, I will post that dyno sheet as well along with the latest pictures after the clear bra and tinted windows are installed. I can't wait to cruise in this one...

Attached Images      

Last edited by evoviiiyou; 07-05-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:34 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
subscribed...

Old 06-16-2010, 07:35 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
I have posted my journey from ownership of Sledgehammer to the amazing 911 Turbo 997.2 PDK back to this 997.1 with a full Switzer R911 package. Here are the latest pics of this bad boy and a dyno sheet of a previous R911 car tuned on race gas. Once Tym puts the pump gas tune on her, I will post that dyno sheet as well along with the latest pictures after the clear bra and tinted windows are installed. I can't wait to cruise in this one...
Cruise? Yeah, you'll be cruising all right...speed of light cruising!

Question: what is that open pipe down by the headers? Is that an exhaust bypass pipe?

Old 06-16-2010, 07:37 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Wow thats a true beast!

Old 06-16-2010, 07:38 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ruf_turbo

Question: what is that open pipe down by the headers? Is that an exhaust bypass pipe?
Open wastegate?

evo: crazy man, crazy. Still applaud you for going back to a .1
Looking forward to your impressions of this monster.
And how big are those IC's???

Old 06-16-2010, 07:51 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ruf_turbo

Yeah well maybe not that fast but should be strong! I noticed those little pipes as well. I will text Tym to see what those are.

Originally Posted by skeeter
Wow thats a true beast!
Thanks...I love her!

Originally Posted by bonehead
Open wastegate?

Thanks, and I am convinced that I made the right decision going back to a modded .1. I will

Old 06-16-2010, 07:51 PM
Another pic that made me laugh...

Attached Images  
Old 06-16-2010, 07:57 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
What turbos and boost level does the kit use?

Old 06-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Open wastegate?

You are correct those are open gates baby! I guess I have an R911 Plus

Old 06-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by MBailey
What turbos and boost level does the kit use?
The Turbos are GT30R's with proprietary Switzer bits. I am not sure on the boost level's on either race or pump...whatever the number I am sure I will have some fun when cruising with my buddies TTGallardo and those pesky ZO6's.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:19 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
The Turbos are GT30R's with proprietary Switzer bits. I am not sure on the boost level's on either race or pump...whatever the number I am sure I will have some fun when cruising with my buddies TTGallardo and those pesky ZO6's.
Thanks for the info!

Fantastic numbers!!

Old 06-16-2010, 08:47 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Wow!
Now it all starts to make sense!
Amazing build. Congrats.
Can't wait for you to get some seat time in her and get your impressions and see and read about your exploits!

Old 06-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Wow!
Now it all starts to make sense!
Amazing build. Congrats.
Can't wait for you to get some seat time in her and get your impressions and see and read about your exploits!
Yes, probably seemed bass ackward for a minute...but I guess like many of us, I am addicted to the power. I will post my review after I get her tuned for a pump gas setting and the cosmetic bits are done. Thanks bro.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:10 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Open wastegate?

I just saw that on a pic of ysfg35's car and it does appear to be a wastegate bypass.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks, and I am convinced that I made the right decision going back to a modded .1.
I'm convinced too...especially with Switzer's R911.

Last edited by ruf_turbo; 06-16-2010 at 09:15 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My New Switzer R911 Turbo