997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Revving/boost

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 10:12 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Revving/boost

I was looking at the new GT2RS video on Porsche's micro site and saw the boost gauge rise as the engine was revved while the car was in neutral. For the life of me I can't duplicate it. When I rev the engine, regardless of how high the RPM, the boost gauge doesn't move. Should the boost gauge move while revving the engine in neutral?

Old 08-03-2010, 11:25 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Gt2 has built in launch assist. You depress the clutch and gas until boost builds and then pop the clutch. Your tuner can probably program that in for your 997tt.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
Where is the boost gauge? Aftermarket?

Old 08-04-2010, 12:26 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Stock boost gauge...

Old 08-04-2010, 09:43 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TTdude
Gt2 has built in launch assist. You depress the clutch and gas until boost builds and then pop the clutch. Your tuner can probably program that in for your 997tt.

Thx

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.