997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Pictures of 997TT sport carbon steering wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 06:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
DCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tc1
can upgrade pad for tiptronic?
997.1 steering wheels (sport type or standard type) are very generic
you can swap the plain tabs ,multi-function control and tiptronics buttons from steering wheel to steering wheel (sport type to sport type, standard type to standard type, can not interchange)

Old 06-29-2011, 09:08 PM
phil30 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by phil30
Hi Ivan, I can't reply PM because I have less than 15 post.

Anyway can you email me the price.

I think the 996 colour is savanna, not natural brown.
Hi Ivan,

I sent several emails to you but have no response. I am not sure if the emails got to you.

I am awaiting your payment instructions as you have not given me.

I also need you to confirm if you really got the natural brown core or not?

Cheers
Phil

Old 07-30-2011, 05:50 PM
Basic Sponsor
DCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond repute
Another installation of our carbon sport steering wheel

Just installed a carbon sport steering wheel (standard type) + carbon shifter to customer's Cayman
This same steering wheel can also fit 997.1, 987 Boxster and Cayman with standard type steering wheel (with triangle airbag).

Attached Images    
Old 08-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Basic Sponsor
Carbon sport 997.1 steering wheel

We shipped another carbon sport steering wheel to customer
Hope to see installation pictures soon!

Attached Images    
Old 08-06-2011, 07:23 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
I have no idea what you guys charge, but your craftsmanship looks beautiful in the pictures. I have a ton of respect for work like that. I'll definitely keep you guys in mind.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:07 PM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
Flat bottom steering wheels...drool. Craftsmanship is very impressive. I checked out the website and saw a listing for Lotus steering wheels, but no links to actual pics. Have you done any Lotus Elise/Exige steering wheels?

Old 08-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Hi Ivan,

I sent several emails to you but have no response. I am not sure if the emails got to you.

I am awaiting your payment instructions as you have not given me.

I also need you to confirm if you really got the natural brown core or not?

Cheers
Phil
Do you have the courtesy to respond?? If you do not have the natural brown core please let me know and do not keep me hanging.

Previously you said you had and I am waiting for your payment details.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:34 AM
nickc450 is on a distinguished road
Great Job! Wheel Is Amazing

Old 08-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Basic Sponsor
Do you have the courtesy to respond?? If you do not have the natural brown core please let me know and do not keep me hanging.

Previously you said you had and I am waiting for your payment details.
We do have the natural brown 997 core
We also have the natural brown 997 leather
contact me:
sales@dctms.com

thanks. Ivan

Old 08-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Basic Sponsor
997 sport carbon steering wheel

997 sport carbon steering wheel installed!
Picture provided by customer D. L. thanks

Attached Images  
Old 08-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by DCTMOTORSPORTS
We do have the natural brown 997 core
We also have the natural brown 997 leather
contact me:
sales@dctms.com

thanks. Ivan
Done! Please confirm receipt.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
OEM carbon steering wheel

We have one of this OEM carbon wheel for sale
perfect condition
contact us

sales@dctms.com

Old 09-28-2011, 10:43 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DCTMOTORSPORTS
We shipped another carbon sport steering wheel to customer
Hope to see installation pictures soon!

I'm possibly interested in this one....I used to have a CF techart steering wheel in mine but after FOUR different steering wheels all had issues with cracking due to the inner cores expanding when the car was parked under the sun on a hot day. Have you guys tested to see if the CF trim holds up under the hot sun after being parked all day outside? I went with all leather because of that.

Old 10-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by atomic80
I'm possibly interested in this one....I used to have a CF techart steering wheel in mine but after FOUR different steering wheels all had issues with cracking due to the inner cores expanding when the car was parked under the sun on a hot day. Have you guys tested to see if the CF trim holds up under the hot sun after being parked all day outside? I went with all leather because of that.
NO vendor can guarantee the carbon finish will be perfect forever, especially different cars will be used under different conditions.
OEM carbon cracks all the time, that is why we have some good selling item for 996, we got 2~3 cracked carbon wheels traded in every week
some vendors carbon don't crack but peel off as whole piece
We back our carbon wheels before leather wrap, so it we see any problem during/after baking, we redo the wheel, we offer one year warranty on carbon wheels

Attached Images      
Old 10-01-2011, 06:16 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Mine is like the first one you posted a picture of. I also appreciate your honesty on this matter...I guess I made the right choice switching to leather instead. I think it's because the CF trim on top is exposed to the sun all the time so cracking is prone to happen. The other CF trim pieces however have not cracked on me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pictures of 997TT sport carbon steering wheel