997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GT2 sway bar settings? Advice please.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 12:32 AM
NWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Bob.

Confirmed that my front bar has 4 holes? Rears have 3.

Whatever they are, GT3 or GT2, it's set up the way I like it for now.

Cheers

Nam

Old 11-25-2010, 02:22 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
I have only replaced the rear bar on mine. It has 3 holes, the closer you go down to the main part of the bar the tighter it is suppose to feel. I put mine on the middle hole and have been happy thus far. One of the biggest differences is the bar is solid and not hollow, therefore reducing the flexing of the sway bar under pressure. One thing I did notice for anyone doing it in the futre, order the sway bar bushings as well as this bar is a bit thicker than the oem turbo bar. It goes in fine with the original bushings but just may be easier with gt2 bushings to match the thickness of the bar.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:33 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I think you have gt3 bars, works just as well.

Old 11-26-2010, 10:16 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Tough to beat OEM bars IMO, the GT2 bar works well. I run it middle on the street and full stiff with R compounds at the track. I'm thinking about adding the front bar when I have the suspension down.

Old 11-26-2010, 10:30 AM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by NWturbo
I ordered them from Suncoast Porsche. Installer saw 4 holes front and 2 holes rear. I do remember seeing only 4 holes on one of the bars, but did not see the other. What bars did they send me? GT3?
the bars come with a black tape on the last hole that covers it up, not sure why, i dont think the gt2 front sway will fit in a turbo for the post that i have seen, i just have a rear gt2 bar in the middle

Old 11-26-2010, 11:40 AM
NWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cgng30
the bars come with a black tape on the last hole that covers it up, not sure why, i dont think the gt2 front sway will fit in a turbo for the post that i have seen, i just have a rear gt2 bar in the middle
Hmmm...maybe that's where that last hole went lol.

But for sure, the front GT2 sway bar fits...its on my car

No issue with clearance or anything like that.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:28 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Reviving an old thread to clear some confusion.

GT2 rear sway on some parts catalogs will say: 997 333 701 94 - I believe this has only 2 settings.

But if you enter this number on Porsche's parts finder, it will say the part has been superseded by 997 333 701 96.

So, I crawled under my car. The part number on car is 997 333 701 96 and it has 3 holes.

Attached Images  
Old 04-05-2013, 08:36 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Thanx Bobby, I also thought mine was two holes, but porsche covers the middle hole w black tape, not sure why. I believe the -96 bar is the g2rs bar.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:58 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Got it!

My car was built in 07 for the 08 year - and it uses the newer -96 number. I guess they had plans for the RS all along, or the RS is partially a parts bin project.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:25 AM
notso5 is on a distinguished road
Mine has 4 holes in front and 3 in back.
I stiffener the bar up one hole on both sides and immediately felt the car get way too skittish. I wouldn't try it with Sports Cups with the least bit of moisture or loose gravel.
I'm no Michael Schumacher so I put it back to stock.
To the OP your setup will be way loose.