997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Thinking to get tech art body kits.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 02:15 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Here is mine with GT2 side skirts

Attached Images  
Old 01-03-2011, 03:16 PM
europeankar has a spectacular aura abouteuropeankar has a spectacular aura abouteuropeankar has a spectacular aura about
nice looking 997TT guys! anyone with techart type II bumper installed? I think the type I kit looks very low enough with the stock setting.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Rambo1 is a glorious beacon of lightRambo1 is a glorious beacon of lightRambo1 is a glorious beacon of lightRambo1 is a glorious beacon of lightRambo1 is a glorious beacon of lightRambo1 is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for the nice comments guys.

The side skirts don't get in the way at all. The pictures, angles and lighting make them look bigger than they really are in person.

The car has Techart 1 rear diffuser, rear spoiler, side skirts, front lip, and mirror inserts.

Color is midnight blue, blue roof on seablue leather...

Old 01-03-2011, 07:48 PM
JorgeG is infamous around these parts
looks perfect to me love techart

Old 01-04-2011, 04:37 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by milou
Here is mine with GT2 side skirts

Milou

Do these fit me? I am wide bodied? If so, how is the attachment?

Jim

Old 01-04-2011, 04:45 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
So you settled on keeping the car?

bob
Now there is a key question. Cmon EPC lets here it. No point waffling on about tech art stuff if its for sale. Btw is it back on the road after the clutch failure???

Old 01-04-2011, 09:18 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Milou

Do these fit me? I am wide bodied? If so, how is the attachment?

Jim
Jim,

I have GT2 front bumper, and side skirts they both fit as if they were on a GT2

I personally don't like TA side skirts, they are a little too big for me

Old 01-04-2011, 09:24 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Chris your car is BEAUTIFUL! Slate grey is a "sophisticated" grey and I love the yellow brake on a slate grey car. Champion RF67 looks perfect. Very elegant looking car and all top notch mods; congrats.

Originally Posted by E55AMG
That's what I did and very happy, along with the Techart front and rear spoiler.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:24 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cannga
Chris your car is BEAUTIFUL! Slate grey is a "sophisticated" grey and I love the yellow brake on a slate grey car. Champion RF67 looks perfect. Very elegant looking car and all top notch mods; congrats.
thanks for the kind words Can!

Old 01-04-2011, 06:51 PM
europeankar has a spectacular aura abouteuropeankar has a spectacular aura abouteuropeankar has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by speed21
Now there is a key question. Cmon EPC lets here it. No point waffling on about tech art stuff if its for sale. Btw is it back on the road after the clutch failure???
Getting it fixed this weekend

Old 01-04-2011, 07:55 PM
bensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to behold
^^^^Wow this is gorgeous.
To europeankar, IMHO, yes it looks good without lowering height. That said... it will look off the chart fantastic lowered!
Here is my humble front lip only car:

where did you get that lip? love it. also looks like it would not scrape as much. cost?

Old 01-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by europeankar
Getting it fixed this weekend
Are you keeping it now.....you didn't answer?

And clutch? What's going back in?

Old 01-05-2011, 01:00 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bensto
where did you get that lip? love it. also looks like it would not scrape as much. cost?
Ben, the lip on my car is the Techart 1 lip -- same as all the other (beautiful) cars posted on this thread. The lip costs -- sit down first please -- 2400 (discount available) and is sold by some forum sponsors here, for example Sharkwerks (I think) and Vivid Racing.

Techart body kit is considered to be the very best as far as quality and fit, and (arguably) the most beautiful; that's why people are willing to pay so much. I personally don't like to modify body parts, but over time the amorphous, thin front lip of the Turbo got on my nerves and I finally had to pull the trigger. This is one of the few mods in my car that's all about look, nothing else. And I *LOVE* it .

Last edited by cannga; 01-05-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:04 AM
Banned
Ben, the lip on my car is the Techart 1 lip -- same as all the other (beautiful) cars posted on this thread. The lip costs -- sit down first please -- 2400 (discount available) and is sold by some forum sponsors here, for example Sharkwerks (I think) and Vivid Racing.

Techart body kit is considered to be the very best as far as quality and fit, and (arguably) the most beautiful; that's why people are willing to pay so much. I personally don't like to modify body parts, but over time the amorphous, thin front lip of the Turbo got on my nerves and I finally had to pull the trigger. This is one of the few mods in my car that's all about look, nothing else. And I *LOVE* it .
The tech front lip is a must imo and is subtle enough not interfere with the rest of the car if pure stock is your preferred look. The stock front lip misses the mark on enhancing the look of the car from front on and is focused purely on practicality.

If you check out Sharkwerks web site it has many pictures of techart enhanced 997tts on their 997tt/ GT2 project page. The techart parts are all high quality too and these guys will surely look after you...as they did for me .

Old 01-05-2011, 04:50 AM
Speed21, I am not too sure what's getting fixed. Pressure plate, hydraulic, etc. I am not 100% sure if I am keeping the tt or not.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking to get tech art body kits.....