997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Rain & Shine at LS with RE-11s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 06:20 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
Here is one more for you...its from last year at LS... filmed from inside my friends Corvette... 30 minutes or so. Hopefully this will keep you going for awhile ; ]

Cheers!

Old 11-29-2014, 07:25 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by VID997
Here is one more for you...its from last year at LS... filmed from inside my friends Corvette... 30 minutes or so. Hopefully this will keep you going for awhile
Well done - thanks!

Old 01-14-2015, 07:34 PM
kchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eurotom
29-30 f 30-31 rear cold. PSS get hot quickly try to keep hot psi less than 38
Hey Tom! ill be doing my first track day next week at buttonwillow, will you recommend me those PSI for michelin PS2 also? my car is completly stock except for an exhaust and a cobb tune... thanks in advance!

Old 03-31-2015, 05:26 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
It's been almost a year (or slightly longer) since I last spent time behind the wheel of Etchhead’s GT3. He made the journey down from Portland to play with PCA GGR over the weekend and race with CFRA on Monday. Once again, he offered me the key's for a session….BRAVE MAN….considering what happened last time he let me in the driver’s seat! LOL!

Dito, (from gotbluemilk) captured this image on Sunday while I was out experiencing EH’s Pirelli slicks.

Good times, thanks again MG!

See you at LS in two weeks!

Old 03-31-2015, 05:46 PM
Sunday morning I was offered a seat in this for a session. I was very nervous and second guessing the opportunity while in the car getting the 30 minute cliff note tutorial on how to start and shut it down. Not to mention all the "do’s and don’ts" along with all the things to watch for on the Motec!

It was a rather humbling experience. These vehicles are a lot to take in and very overwhelming to say the least. To be comfortable behind the wheel, definitely requires a lot of seat time!

Last edited by VID997; 03-31-2015 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:58 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
What an incredible opportunity! I drove one a couple times and it's truly a humbling experience.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:30 AM
J,

It was crazy, I received a text from the vehicle owner shortly after 8 am. At that time the Team/Support Team owner was doing a shake down run in the CUP. Once he completed his session. I went to see how things went....he told me NOT to get in the car unless your are committed to buying one, and that it was fricking amazing. They supported the car last year for the owner and they, (The owners/partners, raced it in the Pirelli Cup last year). I had less than an hour to make the decision....

I consulted my wife and she said what's the worst that can happen, "you fall in love with the CUP and leave me?"...yah right...but she has a point. LOL!

Actually, the worst that can happen (besides crashing it), is you spin it, and cannot get it re-started once it stalls! This car had the KMP paddle shift system installed, and yes, I did what every first time CUP driver does, I spun and could not get it re-started!

Talk about ego crushing. When I made it back to the pits, then they gave me the low down on how to re-start it when the Motec will not show "neutral" (0)..."sorry, we forgot to mention that to you"... once again, this was a last minute thing and we were all trying to make it the best experience for me with the time we had.

Overall, we were all very happy with my time in the car (6 or 7 laps before spinning, ugh!) and the crew was very supportive.

Its pretty crazy how different "factory" race cars are, compared to heavily modified street cars that are setup for track use.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:09 AM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Smile

Originally Posted by VID997
J,

It was crazy, I received a text from the vehicle owner shortly after 8 am. At that time the Team/Support Team owner was doing a shake down run in the CUP. Once he completed his session. I went to see how things went....he told me NOT to get in the car unless your are committed to buying one, and that it was fricking amazing. They supported the car last year for the owner and they, (The owners/partners, raced it in the Pirelli Cup last year). I had less than an hour to make the decision....

I consulted my wife and she said what's the worst that can happen, "you fall in love with the CUP and leave me?"...yah right...but she has a point. LOL!

Actually, the worst that can happen (besides crashing it), is you spin it, and cannot get it re-started once it stalls! This car had the KMP paddle shift system installed, and yes, I did what every first time CUP driver does, I spun and could not get it re-started!

Talk about ego crushing. When I made it back to the pits, then they gave me the low down on how to re-start it when the Motec will not show "neutral" (0)..."sorry, we forgot to mention that to you"... once again, this was a last minute thing and we were all trying to make it the best experience for me with the time we had.

Overall, we were all very happy with my time in the car (6 or 7 laps before spinning, ugh!) and the crew was very supportive.

Its pretty crazy how different "factory" race cars are, compared to heavily modified street cars that are setup for track use.
I assume a modded turbo wouldn't see which way the Cup car went? Sounds fabulous!

Old 04-01-2015, 10:32 PM
^ For reference, on the track we were at on Sunday, my fastest time in the Turbo is 1:58.8. A Cup car can do 1:55-1:52's with a driver (normal working Joe) who has spent a season in the car. A driver who races on another level can turn 1:49's & 1:48's.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:21 AM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
I've never understood why proper track junkies friends do not buy Cup Cars instead of the RS models.. They spend fortunes trying to get their RS to Cup Spec when instead for literally half the money they could've had the real deal.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:05 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IMI A
I've never understood why proper track junkies friends do not buy Cup Cars instead of the RS models.. They spend fortunes trying to get their RS to Cup Spec when instead for literally half the money they could've had the real deal.
Because of operating costs. Dedicated trailer track side support etc.

Vid what is the status of the turbo did you sort out the removal of the front diff?

Old 04-02-2015, 10:18 PM
IMI A:

That's because you don't become a "proper track junkie" until you have gone through all those steps first! Buying a 911 is the first step, then trying a DE. If you get hooked its a slippery slope. Next thing you know you are racing and competing in something that was NEVER design to do what you are doing with it. Not long after, you realize a CUP would have been the correct choice, but you need to grow into a CUP and develop the skill sets required to drive one and understand the technical aspects of tracking before jumping into a full factory race car without any track experience.

Also, stepping into a CUP car is a HUGE financial endeavor. It is something you really cannot go to the track with by yourself, meaning with no support crew or team to make it work, and keep it going all day or for a long weekend. Not to mention engine re-builds, tranny re-builds, axles, etc....the list goes on and on. Then, if you want to truly improve and go faster you will need to hire a Data technician to analyze everything captured through the Motec so he can tell you you are not braking hard enough, too early, or too late, or "yes" you can really go flat through that section...you need to get on the gas sooner....on the brakes quicker....again, the list of what a sh!tty driver you really are goes on and on.... LOL....

Tom:

Front diff has been removed and we tested at SP in November, mainly to see how the car would handle as a RWD and to do some suspension/handling adjustments. Electronically things still need to be sorted out. We have had some higher priority projects on the table the last few months (while actually over a year now, remodeling..ugh!). Been focused on investing lately as well...the TT has been shelved briefly, but not dead yet. Its due to make a trip to the shop in two weeks, then we test again, if all goes well then the vehicle will head south for brain surgery! Fingers crossed....

Last edited by VID997; 04-02-2015 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:48 AM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Good luck keep us posted.

Old 04-05-2015, 01:00 AM
^ Will do.

Had some junk for the trunk show up Friday afternoon...

Old 04-05-2015, 02:37 AM
Banned
looks pretty

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rain & Shine at LS with RE-11s