997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Exhaust MOD?? 200cell CAT with Muff Bypass VS 200cell CAT with X-Pipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 09:51 AM
zippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud of
Exhaust MOD?? 200cell CAT with Muff Bypass VS 200cell CAT with X-Pipe

I appear to be missing something in the FABSPEED setups and was curious if anyone could find a difference or reason for one setup over the other. I understand there is a different tone or note to each setup, but that comes a significant price hike of about $2400 whereas I would be more interested if that was also associated with a directly related performance increase. It would appear the two setups share the same performance gains. I should clarify:

FABSPEED 200 Cell Sport Cat setup with Muffler Bypass pipes (all street legal) (about $1600 using stock tips)

VS.

FABSPEED 200 Cell Sport Cat setup with X-Pipe (I assume this just creates a different note due to the pipe design and integrated muffler wading) (about $4000)

It would appear whatever backpressure in the X-pipe is the only difference minus some minor weight tradeoffs.

Am I missing something here? I prefer the note of the bypass and still get the same 200 cell CAT.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
The X Pipe is our new design that produces more power, but we no longer carry the cross over pipes. PM Sent.