997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Aquamist HFS4 install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 01:21 PM
Former Vendor
Kai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant future
Hey guys,

What's best way to run the wire behind dash for the Aquamist gauge from your experience?

Old 06-18-2015, 01:28 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kai@ELITEMS
Hey guys,

What's best way to run the wire behind dash for the Aquamist gauge from your experience?
in my 996 i went under the carpet in the back of the car and under the center console up into the dash or you can go behind side panels under the plastic tray on passenger side and run it over the foam footwell ceiling.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 06-18-2015, 02:07 PM
Former Vendor
Kai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by prodigymb
in my 996 i went under the carpet in the back of the car and under the center console up into the dash or you can go behind side panels under the plastic tray on passenger side and run it over the foam footwell ceiling.
Ran it from center console just like you after looking at it for 5 mins

Old 06-18-2015, 08:19 PM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kai@ELITEMS
Ran it from center console just like you after looking at it for 5 mins
Bit mor work opening the center console ... Easier route would be to drver footwell, join blue harness. Behind fuse box/ under side sill trim/ behind quarter to ecu tray ....

Thats how I did it, good luck

Old 06-19-2015, 06:29 AM
Former Vendor
All done

Attached Images  
Old 01-05-2016, 09:05 PM
4flynlow is on a distinguished road
Wondering what the concensus was with this mod and if it is worth the effort and cost?
Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Old 01-06-2016, 12:15 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Well personaly I run 100% meth since 2009, the outcome is 630whp and 93kg torque ;-)

Old 01-06-2016, 03:07 AM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
One of the best mods I have .... If you have bad pump fuel this is a godsend.

Make sure its hooked up correct and running correct jets, understand the dangers of methanol, and keep regular checkups on the system ....

Old 01-06-2016, 09:04 AM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by milou
Well personaly I run 100% meth since 2009, the outcome is 630whp and 93kg torque ;-)
Originally Posted by TT.BRN
One of the best mods I have .... If you have bad pump fuel this is a godsend.

Make sure its hooked up correct and running correct jets, understand the dangers of methanol, and keep regular checkups on the system ....
+1

We've used meth/water injection for years and exclusively use Aquamist hardware for its superior injection strategy and failsafe. Its abilities to raise system efficiency by stabilizing IATs, reducing EGTs and cylinder pressures are something that in our honest opinion no forced induction motor should do without.

Dzenno@PTF

Old 01-06-2016, 09:19 AM
Duckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud of
I am interested in using the Coolingmist nozzles and fittings also.

Does anyone know what Coolingmist nozzles would be correct in place of a pair of 1mm Aquamist ones?

Coolingmist lists them as CM2, CM3, CM7, CM12, etc,.. and their flow rates are given at 100 psi,.. instead of 165 psi like the Aquamist systems.

On top of that,.. I don't know the flow rates Aquamist gets out of a 1mm nozzle,.. so I'm missing at least 2 things needed to do the calculation. Doing some fuzzy math on the flow rates they give for .5, .7 and .9mm nozzles (restrictors),.. which are listed as being 380, 680 and 1080 cc/min,.. it looks like perhaps a 1.0mm would do 1,330 cc/min?

And being as the Aquamist system runs at 165 psi instead of 100 psi,.. I divide the flow by 60%,.. to get 805 cc/min?

Or do I need to subtract the boost pressure from both numbers to see how each system pressure really performs at full boost? So subtract 21 psi boost pressure (for example) from both the 100 and 165,... (I.E. 79 / 144) which would mean that the Cooling mist numbers I'm looking for are 55% of the 1,330,... or that I need two 730 cc/min nozzles from the Coolingmist site?

The CM10 is rated for 800 cc/min.

Did I figure this right?

https://www.coolingmist.com/pagedisp...cial_injectors

Last edited by Duckstu; 01-06-2016 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:36 AM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Here's a rough chart that maps the Aquamist nozzles to M sized nozzles that are used in the Coolingmist kits. (Note the 0.1mm is a mistake in the chart, its the 1.0mm Aquamist nozzle they're referring to).

Having said that, we've worked with Coolingmist, DevilsOwn and other kits and we'd strongly advise against using these kits for their poor fittings that start to leak over time, overheating issues with solenoids and fault prone flow sensors. Aquamist is a considerably more reliable setup hardware wise and their injection strategy is far superior in that injection is primarily based on fuel injector duty cycle as well as boost and the new controllers support additional strategies to increase flow in the case of for example EGTs (we haven't yet had a chance to try the EGT strategy as its fairly new). Pump is operated at constant duty always providing 160psi or so and injection is varied by pulsing a solenoid with a given duty cycle just like a fuel injector works. The other kits vary pressure to the pump (from 200-250psi depending on the kit/pump used) which impacts atomization during on/off part throttle scenarios and doesn't provide for scaling methanol flow based on total fuel volume injected.

Dzenno@PTF

Old 01-06-2016, 09:42 AM
Duckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks

Having said that, we've worked with Coolingmist, DevilsOwn and other kits and we'd strongly advise against using these kits for their poor fittings that start to leak over time, overheating issues with solenoids and fault prone flow sensors. Aquamist is a considerably more reliable setup hardware wise and their injection strategy is far superior in that injection is primarily based on fuel injector duty cycle as well as boost and the new controllers support additional strategies to increase flow in the case of for example EGTs
Dzenno@PTF

Oh believe me,.. I"m 100% sold on using an Aquamist (I have an older 2d system in the basement).

My plan was to run the HSF-3 system with two 1.0mm jets,.. and a 75% / 25% Meth / water mix.

But,.. after reading this thread,. I was pondering using the Coolingmist nozzles and adapters AFTER the Aquamist high-speed valve.

Their nozzles are a fan spray,. and the elbows, Tee-fittings etc all look like a step up from the Aquamist stuff. Also,.. I could install the nozzles so the fan spray pattern was 90 deg to the flow,..

On the downside,.. such a fine nozzle would be more prone to getting clogged than a simple 1mm hole. I suppose you'd have to run a SUPER-fine filter in such a setup.

Last edited by Duckstu; 01-06-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:46 AM
You still don't recommend?

Old 01-06-2016, 09:51 AM
Former Vendor
If you look at any modern fuel system in general you'll never find a filter at the injectors or rail. Its far back at/near the fuel tank. Adding filters like they do inside the nozzles counters that idea and makes very little sense. The line should/will be free of any contaminates after the initial priming test procedure is performed post install. All filtration happens at the filter sitting in the tank and the pump pulls fluid right through it. We have run all the way up to 1.2mm nozzles on a number of platforms and atomization is excellent. The main issue with Coolingmist (CM and M type) nozzles is the way the line attaches to them. The quick connect fittings are horrible and leak in 99% of the situations. Last thing you want to worry about is leaks all over the place, constantly checking over your meth system, fighting air bubbles in the lines, etc.

Dzenno@PTF

Old 01-06-2016, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks
The main issue with Coolingmist (CM and M type) nozzles is the way the line attaches to them. The quick connect fittings are horrible and leak in 99% of the situations. Last thing you want to worry about is leaks all over the place, constantly checking over your meth system, fighting air bubbles in the lines, etc.

Dzenno@PTF
Got it,.. thanks. One option would be to just use the nozzles and elbows from CM,.. but with compression fittings for the hose ends.

BUT,.. if the atomization is excellent on the Aquamist stuff,.. I'll just stick with that.

Thanks Dzenno

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aquamist HFS4 install