997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New Goodies @ SharkWerks: RSS Performance Engine Mounts Released

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Valley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really nice
Got these in the mail this afternoon for my 996tt.....I know what I will be doing this weekend! I must say, they sure are a nice to look at. Also, the shipping was very prompt so kudos to Sharkwerks, Inc! I will post my impressions of these on the 996tt board and here after I get them installed.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:58 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Valley996TT
Got these in the mail this afternoon for my 996tt.....I know what I will be doing this weekend! I must say, they sure are a nice to look at. Also, the shipping was very prompt so kudos to Sharkwerks, Inc! I will post my impressions of these on the 996tt board and here after I get them installed.
Thanks for flying with us!
Originally Posted by pureporsche
LOL... I wish I could simply stop by like that...

Thanks Alex!!!
Hehe I know it'd be neat It's only a few miles eh

Old 05-14-2012, 12:31 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
Alex, are we still on for 10:15 tomorrow?

VID

Old 05-15-2012, 11:53 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VID997
Alex, are we still on for 10:15 tomorrow?

VID
Yes sir:P I like the new look since last time I saw it at the track

Old 05-15-2012, 08:57 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
...Arrived today!
Guess what I'm installing tomorrow?

Many thanks to Mike @ RSS and Dan @ SharkWerks!

Damn these things look sooooooooo cool!

Attached Images  
Old 05-15-2012, 09:03 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
^^^ And the ride is even better!!!! INSTALLED TODAY!!!

Regarding some "New Goodies" that could be install in one hour or so. Seemed like a hell of a deal to me! I replied to Alex's posting asking for one hour of his time. He replied within 7 minutes, took me another 10 to reply back, 15 minutes later we had a time and date set for the install. All-in-all the total transaction took 32 minutes all via this 6speed thread, no PM's, no phone calls, and no personal emails....everything done via one thread!

PRETTY COOL...what a great forum & community we have here!

This morning, I arrived 5 minutes late or so and jokingly told Alex I was going to hold him to his word of "one hour or less"!!! I barely got my laptop out, replied to 3 emails if that, 2 quick phone calls and BOOM! My keys were handed back to me. I believe they did it in 40 minutes!!!!

Now that's what I call service!!! In and out in a timely manner, just how I like it.

Alex it was great seeing you again today and catching up.
Thanks again, VID997

RE: The ride. I did notice a difference. The car actually seemed smoother, "more as one" and connected throughout. My wife even commented on the ride today and asked what I had done to it this morning. She's like, "did you do new bushings or mounts, or something like that?" I said, close, new engine mounts. She was thinking I did some new suspension bits... in essence, she was correct...new engine suspension bits.

^^^ Sorry for the blurry iPhone photos. I do really like the last one above though. More air please!

I'll try and write-up a track performance review after my next LS event towards the end of May.

Cheers

Old 05-15-2012, 09:16 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Awesome!!!!
I'm off for a four day trip through the Rockies so will really put these suckers through their paces. Damn - now I'm excited!

Old 05-15-2012, 09:22 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Can I ask for your opinion regarding shifting sloppiness?

Did you notice sloppy shifting (i.e. 2-3 shift) with the OEM mounts? Did you notice any difference? Since driving my GT2 - I HATE my 2-3 shift.

bob

Old 05-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Hmmm, Bob, I'll pay closer attention to that tomorrow. Today I just casually drove over the hill to Half Moon Bay with my wife and then HWY 1 south to Santa Cruz, HWY 17 to Old Highway Seventeen, then back home. Didn't really do any aggressive shifting or give the tranny any thoughts at all.

I'll let you know after my LS date, or sooner if I notice anything.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:47 PM
Valley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really nice
Okay. I installed these this past Saturday in under 1 hour and I must say, these not only look good but I noticed a definite difference in how the car reacts to throttle inputs. After 81K miles my mounts needed to be changed. Anyway, the car feels more connected, quicker even. Even sitting in the garage revving the engine is noticeably different in that the car doesn't "shake" when I rev and release the gas peddle. There is no "give" in the driveline. As far as the ride is concerned, it did not get any harsher. I recommend these mounts to anyone thinking of getting them. Sharkwerks has put out a great product.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by pureporsche
...Arrived today!
Guess what I'm installing tomorrow?

Many thanks to Mike @ RSS and Dan @ SharkWerks!

Damn these things look sooooooooo cool!
Aye they do look pretty slick he? Hope you like em

Regarding some "New Goodies" that could be install in one hour or so. Seemed like a hell of a deal to me! I replied to Alex's posting asking for one hour of his time. He replied within 7 minutes, took me another 10 to reply back, 15 minutes later we had a time and date set for the install. All-in-all the total transaction took 32 minutes all via this 6speed thread, no PM's, no phone calls, and no personal emails....everything done via one thread!

PRETTY COOL...what a great forum & community we have here!

This morning, I arrived 5 minutes late or so and jokingly told Alex I was going to hold him to his word of "one hour or less"!!! I barely got my laptop out, replied to 3 emails if that, 2 quick phone calls and BOOM! My keys were handed back to me. I believe they did it in 40 minutes!!!!

Now that's what I call service!!! In and out in a timely manner, just how I like it.

Alex it was great seeing you again today and catching up.
Thanks again, VID997

RE: The ride. I did notice a difference. The car actually seemed smoother, "more as one" and connected throughout. My wife even commented on the ride today and asked what I had done to it this morning. She's like, "did you do new bushings or mounts, or something like that?" I said, close, new engine mounts. She was thinking I did some new suspension bits... in essence, she was correct...new engine suspension bits.

^^^ Sorry for the blurry iPhone photos. I do really like the last one above though. More air please!

I'll try and write-up a track performance review after my next LS event towards the end of May.

Cheers
Great seeing you too mate! And for sure I think you'll notice less slop if you will on track. Gotta get that 1:39 as you're so close:P

I'm with you.. just love this place. I've made so many friends and stuff over the years and it beats the old fashioned way eh?

Originally Posted by Valley996TT
Okay. I installed these this past Saturday in under 1 hour and I must say, these not only look good but I noticed a definite difference in how the car reacts to throttle inputs. After 81K miles my mounts needed to be changed. Anyway, the car feels more connected, quicker even. Even sitting in the garage revving the engine is noticeably different in that the car doesn't "shake" when I rev and release the gas peddle. There is no "give" in the driveline. As far as the ride is concerned, it did not get any harsher. I recommend these mounts to anyone thinking of getting them. Sharkwerks has put out a great product.
Very cool to hear and appreciate the feedback! I'm going to get a set on Kermit soon too!

Old 05-17-2012, 08:56 PM
The Guys from RSS are Rock Super Stars!!!!!

The car feels so much more solid - it's unbelievable!
You guys have a blockbuster item with this engine mount product.

I fully encourage all to perform this upgrade.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by bbywu
Can I ask for your opinion regarding shifting sloppiness?

Did you notice sloppy shifting (i.e. 2-3 shift) with the OEM mounts? Did you notice any difference? Since driving my GT2 - I HATE my 2-3 shift.

bob

Bob,

After driving the car for a few days now, "sloppiness" is not a word that comes to mind at all. The shifting feels very solid and precise. Firm, direct, and positive would be another way to characterize it. Also, I have noticed an increase in engine noise within the cabin, which I actually like. It has a higher pitch sound to the rmp's, kind of Ferrari'ish. Keep in mind I have a Tubi RACE System which adds to the overall sound as well.

It may not be for everyone, but I like it. The car now has more of a "RAW" sound and feel to it...a good thing in my book. With my suspension, engine work, exhaust system, tire choice, and now these engine mounts, its a far cry from a "luxury" Sport GT.

Cheers & enjoy your weekend!
VID

Last edited by VID997; 05-19-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:53 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Thanks for the feedback!

Old 05-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Vid, bob, I'd say that the noise is probably a byproduct of the exhaust. I'm running a full TechArt system and as far as I can tell there's no added noise in the cabin. Well I certainly didn't notice any, until you now mentioned it - which has me thinking maybe there is, but no way in a negative way - feels and sounds fantastic.

Spent yesterday, the whole day, ploughing through the Canadian Rockies!
All the sloppiness is GONE! Amazing how much more precise the car feels. You touch the gas and the car responds, that 100/th (or two) of a second makes all the difference!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Goodies @ SharkWerks: RSS Performance Engine Mounts Released