997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Vancouver to San Fran to Yosemite and back

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 07:23 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Vancouver to San Fran to Yosemite and back

Planing a a two week road trip in a few weeks and wondering if any one had any great recommendations on spectacular, hidden drives and other gems to check out along the way.

We're taking the coast down from Vancouver, stopping over in Oregon for some coastal dune bugging before heading further down to San Fran. A few days there and then off to half moon bay and Yosemite.

Haven't figured out which path to take on route back - but a stop over to crater lake sounds like a great idea.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:56 PM
vaportrail is a jewel in the roughvaportrail is a jewel in the roughvaportrail is a jewel in the rough
Highway 1 is obviously epic just about anywhere. From San Francisco, head down to Santa Cruz via Highway 1, then down to Big Sur / Monterey/ Carmel if you have a day available.

Also on weekends lots of enthusiasts gather at Alice's Restaurant in Woodside on weekends. http://www.alicesrestaurant.com/

There is much more, and I'm familiar with SF if you need restaurant or other recommendations--PM me.

Originally Posted by pureporsche
Planing a a two week road trip in a few weeks and wondering if any one had any great recommendations on spectacular, hidden drives and other gems to check out along the way.

We're taking the coast down from Vancouver, stopping over in Oregon for some coastal dune bugging before heading further down to San Fran. A few days there and then off to half moon bay and Yosemite.

Haven't figured out which path to take on route back - but a stop over to crater lake sounds like a great idea.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:29 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Be sure to take lots of pictures and post em up! Should be a great drive!

I'm planning on driving to the end of Vancouver Island in a few weeks... just because I've never been there. lol

Old 08-27-2012, 09:49 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Alice's Restaurant sounds like a great stop over - thanks for that.
And will for sure take pics!
Here are some from my last trip (earlier this year)

Old 08-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
message f1crazydriver - he knows the area around alices from the back of his hand!

Old 08-28-2012, 03:28 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Awesome... I did a trip from Seattle to Kelowna to White Fish to Leavenoworth to Seattle when I first got my '09 two years ago.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...400-miles.html

I really hope I can do the Vancouver Island trip... should be interesting.. if not, I may just hit Whistler and beyond for fun.