997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Stone Guard Sticker

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 08:17 AM
BRN 997 TT is on a distinguished road
Stone Guard Sticker

I was wondering if anybody kept on the stone guard on there 911TT? I've been changing them all the time and ilnow it's getting a bit annoying.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:24 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
I would go to a vinyl shop and have them match the silver color and outline. They can run you about 10 sets for the price of what you are paying for ONE set. Then just replace them as often as you want. They are a lot easier to clean, look better and if you get the perforated material (wrap material), it is much easier to apply.

I eventually got tired of that as well and simply added a big sticker to help protect all the bottom portion...I have them saved so I can run them again if needed...but this thing seems to be durable as heck...going on 1.5 years w/it and it is not showing wear at ALL.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:31 AM
BRN 997 TT is on a distinguished road
Thats a great idea, but do you have any pictures o actually see how it looks on the car please?

Originally Posted by TAILWAG
I would go to a vinyl shop and have them match the silver color and outline. They can run you about 10 sets for the price of what you are paying for ONE set. Then just replace them as often as you want. They are a lot easier to clean, look better and if you get the perforated material (wrap material), it is much easier to apply.

I eventually got tired of that as well and simply added a big sticker to help protect all the bottom portion...I have them saved so I can run them again if needed...but this thing seems to be durable as heck...going on 1.5 years w/it and it is not showing wear at ALL.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:36 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
great idea!

Old 09-12-2012, 03:06 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRN 997 TT
Thats a great idea, but do you have any pictures o actually see how it looks on the car please?
I don't have any of the old vinyl stickers I used to run...but it basically looked exactly like the stock pieces, except without that nasty yellow tint to them. You could see just the outline of the sticker...

Here is a photo...you can't even see where it ends in the pic...

I still run the same color through the upper portion of the fenders...on normal daylight, it is unnoticeable...I am able to get it to show if I play with the opacity and edit the photo some...

Mind you this is with a lot more stuff going on...if you ONLY run the silver color and match the stock shape of the "clrea bra" pieces, you should be gold.