997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

RSS Engine Mounts

Old 11-25-2012, 08:06 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
RSS Engine Mounts

Had RSS engine mounts fitted yesterday by my suspension tuner.

Wanted to ask those of you who have already done this mod, whether you then got an extra noise in the cabin when accelerating through 1st or 2nd gear?

Sounds like darth vader breathing in! A great sound, but I don't see how this can result from the engine mount install

Or do you think my fitter didn't reattach something on the air intake properly (which all needs to be removed to get at the engine mounts)? I looked in the engine bay myself today and everything looks connected and secure..

Old 11-25-2012, 04:41 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Def. not from engine mounts, if you were to notice any additional cabin noise it would probably be at cruise when the engine and exhaust are not competing for decibels.

But like their other suspension pieces, they dont add much, if any noise...I know I could not hear any anyways.

I think your on the right path checking intake and related hoses etc. Tough to see some of the hoses, especially the throttle body to y pipe hose which can mount but not be aligned on the bottom and thus leak (and eventually pop off) with engine movement.

I always suggest that if that hose has been removed a few times to replace it, the bead wears on the tube and wont seal very well on the y pipe to throttle body.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Many thanks.

I have booked my car into my OPC for them to give it a quick health check

Old 01-14-2013, 04:41 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
How do you find the engine mounts Alex?

Chris told me he fitted them for you

Old 07-31-2013, 03:32 AM
Haven't noticed much of a handling difference as yet however the noise difference is massive. The car sounds like a Lambo now in the cabin - much more raw!

Old 07-31-2013, 08:23 AM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
I installed a set of RSS motor mounts just a month back....they added zero noise of any kind....the install was easy...yes all the airbox **** had to come off. Check to make sure both mounts are seated properly...there is a square peg on the mount at the bottom that fits in the chassis...this obviously must align. Are you making full boost?

Old 07-31-2013, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
I installed a set of RSS motor mounts just a month back....they added zero noise of any kind....the install was easy...yes all the airbox **** had to come off.

Check to make sure both mounts are seated properly...there is a square peg on the mount at the bottom that fits in the chassis...this obviously must align.

Are you making full boost?
Yes, all normal apart from the noise. I thought it might be an issue with the airbox but the I got my OPC to check it all after I had the work done by the indy. They said it was all fine.

I will try to take a look at the alignment of the mounts...